Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    45andnew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Aircard for laptop
    Just wanted to know I have a new laptop with wifi. But I want to take my lapttop out of the house. How do I get a aircard that will go with my system. And what is the best price that I can get?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 02:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 45andnew View Post
    Just wanted to know i have a new laptop with wifi. ... How do i get a aircard that will go with my system.? And what is the best price that i can get?
    WIFI and Aircard wireless are two different technologies. Aircards use cellular technology and come in PC Card, Express Card, and USB formats to match a connection option that your laptop supports. Check with your local cellular providers for cards that work with their infrastructure. Once a specific card model is decided upon, compare the price the cellular provider offers the card for against a Google search for the card brand and model, sifting through the results, or by using a pricing site like Pricegrabber.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itouch using verizon aircard [ 1 Answers ]

Is there an adapter to enable connecting my itouch to the verizon network using my usb aircard ?

Using a wireless aircard on a desktop computer [ 1 Answers ]

I am really comuter illiterate, but here goes. I have a verizon PC 5750 aircard,and I would like to be able to use it on my desktop computer. Is there a way to do that? An adapter of some sort?

Aircard & wirless printer [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Veerizon Air Card.. Bought a wirless printer.. Now I cannot firgure oput how to get this working.. The instructions only show "networking" with a router.. Can this work??

Usb aircard networking [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anyway to setup a home network off one verizon usb aircard

Can I convert my laptop aircard for use on my desktop [ 2 Answers ]

I've been given a Verizon PC5750 air card that fits my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop by my company so that they no longer have to pay for my home dsl service. Does anyone know if I can get a converter/adapter that will let me plug the air car into my desk top and save the $ of keeping my dsl service? ...

View more questions Search