Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptbeast Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 10:04 PM
    No water comes out of sink!
    Okay, I am frustrated and am hoping that someone has an idea to help me. My kitchen sink will not work. I have good water pressure up to the sink, all the way up to the cartridge. I have replaced the cartridge, so it is not blocked there. I have cleaned the filter at the aerator and there was no problem there (and no water to that point). The spray nozzle works (cold water only), but the main faucet not at all. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Dave
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:03 PM

Is the areator clear?
    ptbeast Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238 View Post
    is the areator clear?
    Yes, it is clear, but there is no water to that point.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 12:27 AM

There is a diverter in the column of the faucet diverting water to the sprayer. It is very possible that you either have debris in the diverter or when you replaced the cartridge, you locked in one position. Take it apart and reinstall the cartridge. The diverter is a small, spring loaded device on side of the column.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

No water coming out of hot water side for kitchen sink [ 18 Answers ]

Only water from the line of the cold side is coming out of the kitchen faucet. No water is coming out of the line for the hot water. We checked the faucets for the rest of the house and there is no problems (both bathrooms). What could be the problem. This problem happened today. I need some help.

Low water pressure kitchen sink after water heater flush [ 4 Answers ]

I flushed my water heater today. When I was done, the water pressure at all the sinks, tub, washer, dishwasher, etc worked just fine, except for the kitchen sink. I took out the aerator and confirmed there was nothing there. Ran the water without the aerator in and water pressure is still about...

Low Water Pressure when turn on sink, then increases as the water flows. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. First off, I know NOTHING about plumbing. Anyway, our kitchen sink has been acting up recently. When we first turn on the water after it has been off for a while, the pressure is low. Then suddenly, it kicks in to normal water pressure after say... 15-30 seconds after the water...

Loss of hot water in shower when hot water is used by sink [ 2 Answers ]

We are in the process of remodeling our basement bathroom/shower. We have the whole thing gutted and can see where the cold water pipes come into our house. We want to fix the problem we have of when taking a shower, no one can use any hot water because the shower momentarily gets cold. Once the...

View more questions Search