Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Protecting our borders?
    Why can't our government protect our borders? For years I have been saying we train our military to hunt people down. Imagine if we used our borders for the training grounds and spent the billions wisely. Just what a couple of Apache helicopters could do and cover with night vision! To scare a Mexican and send the message wrong door! How do we change a law to free up the military to do so. Do the math we are in BIG trouble being out babbied.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:58 AM

It must be working, Mexico and Canada has not invaded the US in at least the last 20 years
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Fr Chuck Another country(s) citizen "invading" a another countries border doesn't have to carry weapon to be classified as an invader nor it be there governments actions. Country to country is just that, with out people there would be NO countries just land masses.
    To invade is to come or go into without permission "violate" ,"occupy". IE Home invasion person robber etc.
    So by U.S. stats millions of people from another country have "violated" "occupy" our land that are not on a visa or a citizens nor given sanction by our country.
    I don't know where you live but here in the U.S. Our borders are invaded every single day. Yes we have been invaded in the last 2 weeks let alone 20 years ago
    Look up the verb Invade in the U.S dictionaries and yes, by definition our borders are being invaded by Mexicans citizens and others from outside the U.S. I guess by your response things won't get better for U.S. citizens when we can't understand a simple verb. I do respect your thought and opinions!! Thank for a response Happy Holidays!!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Hello 21:

I don't know if you stay in hotels, eat in restaurants, or eat produce, but I do, and I like the prices they are now.

If you had YOUR way, prices for those things would skyrocket...

Besides, these people aren't doing anything YOU wouldn't do.

No?? I'm WRONG?? YOU wouldn't cross that line to get a job to feed your starving family?? You'd STOP right there at that line in the sand, because you don't want to break anybody's laws?? Really?? You'd stand there and you'd see that help wanted sign in the window, and you wouldn't DO anything...

Who are you trying to BS??

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Excon I understand what you said and you have a good point but not with much thought and background in history or economics. Here's is a bit of quick history in U.S. Back during the war we needed actual manpower (our Young soldiers overseas) to Get our crops in(no mega farms and really big farm equipment) So to get manpower we got Mexicans(cheap labor or not) to help bring in our crops. Look How the "cheap" help sent to many of our business overseas "crossing the Line Border"The Puerto Rican were greatly introduced in the 50 for cheap help also.
    I'm not BS! Yes I would feed my family. You act like there is no food In Mexico to feed a family. I have been In Mexico and partly live In Puerto Rico A different parallel. In your cross the Line theory 'starving"is what's wrong. Mexico in not African drought or little tribal villages.
    I live around Amish Dutch Country. They are "is whats wrong. Mexico in not African drought or little tribal villages.
    I live around Amish Dutch Country. They are " labor and actually in the trades it hurts us local contractors. They don't pay tax they way you and I do. Different Mexican thing Parallel. My U.S. citizen children starting at low paying jobs less now because Of "Cheap" labor and actually in the trades it hurts us local contractors. They don't pay tax they way you and I do. different Mexican thing Parallel. My U.S. citizen children starting out at low paying jobs less now because Of "starving family" help allowed to cross our borders and undercut. Its obvious your economics are short thought. Now lets do your starving thing. Theres an Extremely High probability that the border crosser with the "Hello" They cross the line illegal already. Obviously they on the get go don't respect our laws. So your cheap hotel stay/restaurant/produce Is completely offset on " will steal to get more " by needing to hire more police more insurance claims. More slumming housing created. You should go to Mexico and look at some of the housing and what They accept as "normal" They cross the line illegal already. Obviously they on the get go don't respect our laws. So your cheap hotel stay/restaurant/produce Is completely offset on "Mexicans" grew up very poor lived in an attic with a single mom 3 kids no WELFARE or FOOD card. I have worked in the Fields in farming Tobacco one of the worst farming jobs. My mom didn't cross the Line to feed us kids except to go to the fire hall to get apples and cheese. I LIVED what I'm talking about and lived outside the U.S. So if that's B.S. were are all in trouble including you.
    Sweet_Guy23 Posts: 304, Reputation: 27

Jan 5, 2009, 04:30 PM

The main reason why our government leaves our borders open and won't close them off is simply because they don't want to, their agenda is to combine Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. into one nation... similar to the European Union, but only call it the North American Union... instead of the U.S. dollar we will have what is called the Amero...

That's the main reason, because quite honestly we could have fixed our problem with the borders a long, long time ago but we haven't simply because they don't want to...
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 05:24 PM

I don't even think it was They don't want to. It might have been as much oh well I will get to that when I have time and its blowing up in our faces. In our papers a lperson expressed about
    "Give me your tired your poor your hungry"
    She forgot it is 2009 and that doesn't apply like that anymore. Back then it was a journey to cross the big ocean and risk all of your life and your family lives to go to a Brand New Land they only new about by rumors and small advertising. Not the INTERNET information. So by that alone these people on the get go were adventitious and hard sturdy working people of all religions race and cultures. The best of the best that way. NO WELFARE to greet them. Work or starve. Imagine of all the skills and trades they brought to this country industrial revolution. That is EXACT why were NO 1 on the planet. The mom and pop shops. The tuff of the tuff. There's a great some great wording on Ellis Island. One states " I was told the streets were paved of gold and when I got here I ended paving the streets" Today's people are different that come in t the U.S. We dangle the WELFARE and they will come. From there perspective I can't fault them or blame them its our federal Government that doesn't get it. If they were working on a blue collar income and their taxes went up because of our policy of hand outs they would very quickly change policy. It might seem like I'm busting on the welfare but hear this. The state of Delaware has NO sales TAX because its not a welfare state. Most people in the U.S don't realize the impact on there taxes
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It must be working, Mexico and Canada has not invaded the US in at least the last 20 years

One of top 10 responses ever posted!~ Love it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Guy23 View Post
    The main reason why our government leaves our borders open and won't close them off is simply because they don't want to, their agenda is to combine Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. into one nation...similar to the European Union, but only call it the North American Union...instead of the U.S. dollar we will have what is called the Amero...

Thats the main reason, because quite honestly we could of fixed our problem with the borders a long, long time ago but we haven't simply because they don't want to...
    Oh you mean the false urban legend?
    snopes.com: North American Union
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Oh you mean the false urban legend?
    snopes.com: North American Union

Apparently so. That and spiders living in teased hair.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    Why can't our government protect our borders?
    Hello again, boat:

Because there's around 6,000 miles of 'em. How do you think we should do that?

How about one soldier for every mile. Nah, that wouldn't work. Too many holes. How about 5 soldiers for every mile. I still see too many holes. What about 10 soldiers for every mile. Yeah, I think we could do that.

How many soldiers is that? 60,000? No sweat.

If that didn't work, how about a 25 foot fence? We'd have to confiscate all the ladders 26 feet and above, though.

excon
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 11:30 AM

Are you aware that you are discussing this with someone who is "almost Mensa," as posted on the "horney German Shorthair" thread? (Is that anything like "almost pregnant"?)

At any rate - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/h...ir-310488.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom mirror on tiles with borders [ 1 Answers ]

If you can see in the picture attached to this email, There is a picture of a bathroom, this is how my tiles are set up. There are 2 borders that stick out of the wall, the top one sticks out further than the other. In the second picture attached, there is a mirror from a shop. (the middle...

Do we have borders or not! [ 14 Answers ]

I just watched a story about our borders and lack of being able to control them, and the guy they interviewed said the twelve million illegals already in this country, without documentation or credential, should be aloud to stay... because "they're here already" No account on how they are taking...

CSS borders show up for th but not td [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have the following in my css file, and then have a table defined with <table class="whiteBoard">. For some reason, my th cells show the black borders around the cells as I would expect, but the td cells do not. I can't figure out why the td cells have no borders. Anyone see...

Paint over borders? [ 3 Answers ]

I have borders in the rooms that I will be painting with new latex paint. Can I paint the room over the existing borders and then repaint the borders with a different color paint to highlight them, to make them seem that they are a new border without the detail and just a new paint color? I will...

Cell/Table Borders [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm currently trying to build a website for my new business. I know a very good base about html and Dreamweaver which is the platform I'm using to build my site. I'm having a huge dilemma, my business partner wants to see the website a certain way, but I can't seem to get the...

View more questions Search