Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Coming out to family
    My question is when is it best to come out as gay to family members. Should I wait until I'm in a relationship and explain it then (when I have to and when the issue become more relevant) or should I just tell family members now?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:34 AM

When your comfortable with them knowing, and prepared for their reaction. Maybe one at a time and see how it goes.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    When your comfortable with them knowing, and prepared for their reaction. Maybe one at a time and see how it goes.
    I've heard the one-at-a-time approach and I like that. The rationale is that if the second one you tell has a hard time with it you already have another one to fall back on for support (assuming that one is okay with it). Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 12:05 PM

Just remember not all will accept, and some will take time to accept

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single family to 2 family electrical service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, first time posting to this site. I am changing an existing 200 amp service to a 2 meter service. Presently, the home added an apartment above the garage with its own 100 amp panel. The panel is served by a 100 amp breaker in the main panel. The homeowner wants to separately meter the...

How to Convert a single family house to a legal 4 family house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am looking to convert my singly family home to a legal 4 family house so as to rent out all 4 units and get some income. How to do I go about getting all the information and permission for the same? Thanks

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Blended family means family to me, should it not to my husband as well? [ 6 Answers ]

HI, I just really need to know if I am way off base here. Last night my husband told me that"you need to understand how it is going to be between my daughter and myself." " when it comes to special events, even if they conflict with your boys(his stepsons) and in the future if we have children of...

View more questions Search