Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmgrvr8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Fan on or off?
    I have central air in my business which is 1 story. I have been told to leave the heat/air funace fan on during cooling. Does this help keep it cooler?
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jul 16, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Nope, it does not dehumidify as well and will NOT cool the air at all, because it is just recycling the room temperature air. It's like setting up a desk fan or ceiling fan, it just blows room temp air around (not cooling it).
    gmgrvr8 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 02:33 PM
    But isn't it true that the fan still moves air across the A-coil which is cooler, even though the condenser is not running?
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jul 17, 2006, 02:59 PM
    That may be true, but by the time the air reaches the exit vent, it is room temp. When the compressor is on, air coming out of the handler is about 35 degrees, but by the time it reaches the exit, it is about 20 degrees higher.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 17, 2006, 05:12 PM
    I leave the fan on for circulation.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 06:59 PM
    There is a thing called "The Wind Chill Factor". In the winter and the temp is 30 degrees and the air is blowing at 5 miles per hour there is a reduction in how the temp feels on your skin. There are grafts that will show you the numbers of the wind chill. I have a feeling that this is true even if the air is 80 degrees. Therfore in an office I would leave the heating fan on and take advantage of the wind chill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search