Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tapguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 06:27 AM
    California Form - Motion to Vacate to Modify Renewal of Judgment
    I have been served in California with a Notice of Renewal of Judgment under the 10 year rule. I want to object to this renewal, and make a motion to vacate or modify the renewal with the court. What form do I use to make that motion?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2008, 07:41 AM

On what grounds? A renewal of a judgement is automatic. Unless you have grounds to vacate the judgement (and you can only do that if you were unaware of it), then you are wasting your time and the courts.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 07:49 AM

Yes have you paid the debt, have you showed that this was not your debt.

You can't vacate a debt merely because you don't want to pay it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion To Vacate Default Judgment [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limitation in Miami Dade County, Florida to File a Motion to Vacate Default Judgment? I am attempting to file one for Lack of Service (I have never been served!) on a Default Judgment entered in 09/2001, however, I read somewhere that in the state of...

How (if at all) can I modify my notice to vacate? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently renting, in Virginia, as a month-by-month holdover tenant in an apartment complex. The original rental agreement expired about 1 1/2 years ago. However, the original lease says that any notice to terminate the lease (on the part of the tenant) must be given at least 60 days in...

How do I file a motion to vacate judgment in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file a motion to vacate judgment in Florida

Just got a Motion to Vacate judgment approved. [ 30 Answers ]

I have a levy placed on my bank account (approx $1,700) in there from a collection agency/law firm for a default judgement they receieved for an old debt dated from 1997. Well I went to civil court and file a motion to vacate and the judge approved it. I served the lawfirm/collection as well as...

Notice of motion to vacate judgment in small claims [ 4 Answers ]

I need to find out How to file a notice of motion to vacate a small claims judgment. Where do I get the form? Is one available on line? I was served with papers on a case. I called to reschedule. I was told fine it would be reschuled. I come back from vacation and I have a judgmnt agaiinst ...

View more questions Search