Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smithykitten Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Can't remember name of this book!
    I read this book in high school (1999) and loved it. I remember that it was set in Louisiana and was about a woman that was nicknamed Collie. She married a rich man from a large family and comes to find out that they are cruel and interbred people. She later has three girls with her husband and has to leave because he is abusing her and the children. She finds out that she's pregnant and it's a boy. She becomes involved with her lawyer (she files for divorce) and ends up killing her husband and all of his brothers but the youngest. I can't remember the name of the book but it seems that it was one word. Any help in appreciated!
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 12:40 PM

I tried to search for it... can't find anything.

I would like to know myself.

Where did you get the book? Your high school library? A public library? Was it on your list of books to read in English class?

Maybe you can go to where you got the book from and check out your history.

Please let me know if there is any luck.
    smithykitten Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 11:39 AM

I got it from the school library. It was a paperback with a woman on the front. I want to say that the title was one word but not sure on that. I read it because the summary seemed interesting. My school has since closed so I can't go back to try and find it again. Thanks for helping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't remember the name of this book [ 1 Answers ]

I read this book when I was young, and I'm pretty sure the name of it was "Gwenna". I cannot find any book by this title, and I don't remember the author. It was about a girl with wings, but that's all I can remember. Do you know what this book is called?

Can't remember name/author of book [ 1 Answers ]

It was written by a University of Mississippi grad... female author... I can't remember all the details, but it was something about a group of young people who I think take a trip and there is a murder and one of the guys keeps a diary and he writes everything in Latin. I know this is totally...

View more questions Search