Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorie33952 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 06:30 PM
    Deduction for per diem
    My husband works as a truck driver and when he is paid his check stub shows gross pay and then deductions and there is a deduction for per diem. Why is this a deduction.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:42 AM

I would call up the payroll dept and speak to them as the per diem pay should not be deducted, it should be added. When I did a trucking company's payroll, this item was not deducted. Maybe the company could clarify this for you and correct their error. Per diem pay is just that - pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1B - Itemized Deduction/ Standard Deduction? [ 17 Answers ]

Dear all, My status in US changed from F1 to H1B in mid Nov 2004. I was on F1 from Sep 2002-Nov 2004. Will I be able to take the standard deduction ? If so will it be under the US-India treaty? Please help. Regards.

Per Diem, [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, can anyone help me with this question? If my Company allows me $30.00 per day Per Diem, and I only spend $20.00, is the other $10.00 mines, to expense? Buy the way, I use a Company credit card

Do I have to pay Per Diem? [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the info in a nut shell. I have a small electrical business. I have 10 employees and we are currently working 100 miles away from home. The hotel is free for all of us. Do I still need to pay a per diem for meals? I am trying to follows the laws but I just don't know about this one.

Per Diem and W-2's [ 1 Answers ]

I had been advised in the past to include per diem to my drivers on their W-2's. Can anyone tell me which line item the per diem amount goes on the W-2? Do I have to list this amount as Per Diem paid on the W-2 also? I am assuming so but just not sure where exactly to put the amount paid to the...

Standard Deduction Vs itemized Deduction [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. I as on a F1 status till Oct 18th 2004 and then I got converted to a H1B on Oct 18th 2004. I do not pass the standard presence test. Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess I have been able to determine that I am a Non Resident Alien and not a dual-status nonresident...

View more questions Search