Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babytieka08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Idenity theft
    Someone stole my information to get credit cards in my name how do I know what credit cards are in my name or I get my address changed to make the credit cards sent to me.:mad:
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 26, 2008, 12:58 AM
    The credit agencies should have details of all the credit taken out in your name, so best to get your file.
    As for changing them to your real address, well that won't happen as they have been obtained fraudulently, they would be cancelled once the issuers have done their investigation.

What makes you think you are a victim of ID Theft ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2008, 07:40 AM

You first report this to the police, and get a police report that you will keep forever stateing the ID theft, first be more concerned over them doing a criminal act and you getting arrested than merely debts that you don't have to pay anyway.

You contact each of the credit bureaus and run a credit report and do so every3 months for the next year or so, and see if there is credit activity on your account,

You can also freeze your accounts so they can not be ran for credit purporses without you releasing them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 26, 2008, 07:46 AM

You can get a free credit report from the credit bureaus annually. I think you can get a free hold so that any new requests for credit have to be verified. This may cost a small annual fee.

And yes, you should report it to the police.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Idenity fraud at work [ 3 Answers ]

A fellow employee called a national help desk, associated with our employer, identified herself as me, gave them my computer user #, and verified the last 4 digits of my social security # in order to have my password changed on one of many different computer programs at work. There is no financial...

Theft [ 4 Answers ]

I Got Into A Argument With A Store Clerk Over Beer I Drove Off With The Beer I Had She Said I Stole It She Called The Cops The Amount Of The Beer Was 1.19 The Is My Second Conviction For Theft In The Third Degree Will I Go To Jail .

Theft under 18 [ 4 Answers ]

My brother was charged yesterday for theft. He is 17 turning 18 in October. He stole a total worth of $2000 from where he worked. We have never been in this type of situation. This is his first time getting into trouble with the law. We have a court date scheduled in one month. I was wondering what...

Theft Under 5,000 [ 5 Answers ]

So I pretty much rock, I'm 19 from BC canada- aprehended this evening for theft under 5,000. Its my first offence - I was picked up by the stores security - it was a USED shirt worth like 6 bucks ( using it for halloween didn't have any cash on me) security wrote up a bunch of paper work and...

View more questions Search