Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mihirsadadia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Change of status from F1 to F2
    Hi. I am an F1 holder. I got visa in June 08 and my marrriage was there in July 08. I came to usa in August 2008. Now my wife wants to join masters in usa. So I need to know that will it be possible for her to change her status from f1 to f2 when she is here if she can not adapt US study system?Thanks in advance
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 26, 2008, 01:44 PM

She can file for change of status from F-1 to F-2 or F-2 to F-1 as long as she is qualified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to change my status [ 2 Answers ]

:) :) :) Right now I'm in kaplan institute and my wife study in university of north Alabama. Right now we both are on f1 status. Can she change her status from f1 to f2.

H4 to F1 status change [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have just begun my first semester (Aug 25, 2008) as a Graduate student at San Jose State University. I am currently on an H4 status (since Dec 2007) My current situation: I did not apply for an F-1 visa when I began my semester (in Aug 08) as I am eligible to study on an H4 status...

Change of Status F1 to H1b [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was International student on F1. I have worked on CPT for the year 2007. Meanwhile I got H1B which afected from 1OCT2007 & my F1 got terminated. I got marry on end of OCT. but still I am on H1B status only. How should I pay the Tax now. 1. Joint tax with my husband? 2. How I will...

View more questions Search