Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mihirsadadia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 11:46 PM
    Can semester break of f1 affect his/her spouse in getting f2 visa?
    Hi, I am an f1 holder. I got visa in June 2008 and got married in July 2008 and came to usa in August 2008. Now I am going back india for some family reason. So will my going back to india for semester break affect my wife's chances of getting dependent visa F2? What is the best time for her to stand for dependent visa? Whether I'm in india or after I come back to usa? Thanks in advance
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 26, 2008, 01:48 PM

It doesn't matter where you are... if she is qualified for F-2, she can apply on her own but your documents are required.

When you hold F-1 and travel outside US, make sure your I-20 is current or you won't be able to return to US, plus if you stay overseas for more than 5 months, you need to apply for a new F-1.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uk spouse visa law [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have herd that the uk spouse visa age will change from 18 to 21 I will really like to bring my spouse to the uk when I'm 18 I will turn 18 on the 15 December 2008 is there anyway that I can avoid this new law I am asking if it is allowed to send my documents off to the emmbassay 2 weeks before...

Does Immigration visa expiration affect adjustment of status under marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my case . I have known an Albanian girl whom I intend to marry. She came in United States on December 2006 by way of marriage with another US citizen but stayed married for only 11 days due to abusive and troubling relationship, and left to live on her own with relatives. During this time...

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

Work or Spouse Visa.future Military spouse. [ 1 Answers ]

I really have no idea where to start... I am engaged and currently visiting my fiancé (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. . He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour. I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find...

View more questions Search