Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockysmother Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Getting a divorce for someone incarcerated
    My brother's wife has recently been incarcerated since Nov. 27th. She is on a no bond situation and goes before the grand jury on 1/22/09. They have a 6 year old son and he wants to divorce her and take the child. She is being charged with reckless endangerment as she took a 45 caliber gun and shot up the house with my brother's child from a previous marriage in the home.

We were told that he could file on line to hold down the cost as they are very tight on money. The house they live in belongs to my family. They have two cars both in his name. The bank account has only week to week funds in it and it does not have her name on it as she has not worked in 2 years. Only because she chose not to work.

What should he do?
    evatorres Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 11:18 AM

In my opinion your brother, should try to make ends meet. I know it's tough right now... but it he has family support, he can obtain a second job and maybe sell back one of the cars back to the dealership. He does not need 2 cars and maybe try to sell it to someone else in the family. Unfortunately his wife could be a future threat to him and the baby so it's best for him to try and move on with the divorce. I'm sure there is more to this story but we have to considet the child's future and the family well-being. She's sounds very hot tempered which is not good in a family enviironment.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2008, 12:59 PM

Frist normally the only "online" you will find is for non contested divorce if the other person is willing to sign,
    And most likely they will not.
    So he really needs an attorney, esp for the safety of the chil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce while incarcerated [ 3 Answers ]

How can a person that is incarcerated get a divorce? Do you know what it would cost and how do they go about getting the proper paperwork?

Divorce while incarcerated [ 1 Answers ]

Cana person get a divorce while incarcerated? IF so how can you start this? Are there forms that can filed? Thanks

Divorce while incarcerated? [ 2 Answers ]

How can you get a divorce while incarcerated? Is it true that I can ask for a divorce in the local newspaper and if they don't answer, we are divorced?

Parent incarcerated [ 3 Answers ]

Can rights be taken from a parent if they are in jail?

View more questions Search