Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rlmenard Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Autopsy in nursing school?
    I'm about to start nursing school at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette next month, getting my BSN as a second bachelors. I was told by someone, who has never attended nursing school, that I'd have to "do" an autopsy. I'm aware of "doing" one on an animal, but I wasn't aware that we'd have a human one. It's OK if we do, but I'm looking for someone to confirm this either way - someone who's actually gone to nursing school.

Thanks!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 09:48 AM

This answer's a bit off... but I'll do my best.

Some nursing schools do still use cadavers, but only a select few. Last I checked, only a handful of nursing school around the nation still do autopsies on cadavers mainly due to the cost of a human cadaver. Most other nursing schools actually take the nurses to go watch the medical students do the autopsies. I'd check with the school to find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing School [ 1 Answers ]

I live in South Carolina and am a resident there now. My family lives in Ohio - for financial reasons I am planning on moving back to Ohio and going to nursing school at a state school. Is there a way financially that I can become a duel resident and get Ohio "in state" tuition without living...

Guestion about Going to school (nursing) [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering I am going to start schooling for becoming a nurse to work on the labor and delivery floor of hospitals well I was wondering after you do so much of your schooling can you start working at hospitals doing only certain things?

View more questions Search