Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Puppylover46236 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Something is wrong with my phone
    I got a moblie phone for christmas and a got a sony ericsson W910i but when I put in my sim card and batterey I charged it and I left it for 2.5 hours when I turned it on a few minutes later it switched off I tried it several times and it would not work I need a answer o and its with o2 and the sim card is from my old phone bye
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 09:58 AM

Take out the sim card, and then put in the battery by itself, and see if it turns on and stays on.

Dec 25, 2008, 11:07 AM

It doe not work it just says put in sim card
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2008, 11:13 AM

But it's staying on? If the phone is resetting itself when you put in the sim card, and the phone is staying on when you take the sim card out, then there's a chance it may be the sim card. Is the new phone unlocked to handle o2?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2008, 11:18 AM

My best guess. DOA (Dead on Arrival) battery or weak battery. Charge phone while off overnight.

Dec 26, 2008, 08:28 AM

Yea when I took the sim card out and when it said that a few minutes later it went off I then put my old sim card bac in my old phone and it said insert sim card so I'm going to bring it in2 o2 tomorrow but I do think it is the sim card thanks any way
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Dec 26, 2008, 02:02 PM

Try charging it for the whole night switched off, if same problem next morning then visit the store it was brought from as there is an issue with the phone.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 07:37 AM

Never seen a 2.5 hour recommended charge time. Like above, Charge overnight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Hooking up new phone line to main phone box [ 0 Answers ]

I am hooking up a new phone jack into the "main phone line box" in my basement... need help... I will try to explain as clearly as possible... hope not to confuse everyone. General info that may be useful in answering my question: I currently have cabletelevision phone service modem etc... I...

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

How to record phone conversations from phone to PC? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there an inexpensive way to record phone conversations directly to PC using the earphone or headset jack port on the phone to either microphone line in port or USB port on PC? Does it also require special software? Here's what I want to do: My friend and I want to record our phone...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

View more questions Search