Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phatfergie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Can't install Adobe Flash Update
    When I open the browser there is an icon in some of the graphic locations saying I need a plug in update. When I try to install it, It tells me the following:

"The update could not be installed. Please make sure there are no other copies of Firefox running on your computer, and then restart Firefox to try again."

Now I can't restart Firefox or uninstall it because the same error message keeps coming up. It looks like it's trying to install the update but quits and the error pops up again.https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images...sed::confused:
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Dec 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
    The problem could be that the version of Flash that you are trying to update, might not be updatable and that a new version is needed, so the updater gets confused. Try uninstalling Flash and installing the latest version:

Have a look here:

Code:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=2
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2008, 06:02 PM

Remove flash using Add/Remove programs. Make sure NO browsers are running at the time. Download Flash from Adobe's website.

Adobe software has been getting finicky lately. One install of Adobe Reader I had to tweek many registry entries.
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Feb 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
    Be sure the registry has correct ACLs

Adobe - Search: registry acls

Download SubInACL from Microsoft to fix permission issues that prevent the Flash Player installation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adobe Flash 9 Not Working on Some Sites [ 5 Answers ]

I have Windows Vista Premium and I run on IE7. I have some web sites that use Adobe Flash 9 I surf on, but when I go to some they don't work. I go to the flash page and download it and it shows it works on that page, I manage the addins and it shows it is enabled, but still it does not work on...

Adobe Flash Player Problems [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new Toshiba laptop with windows vista on it. I have NEVER been able to view flash movies on YouTube or any other site. When I go to download adobe flash player 9 from the website, it doesn't do anything. I then download it manually and it says it did installed, but when I go see if...

Install Adobe Photoshop CS3 [ 1 Answers ]

When I install Adobe Photoshop CS3,I get this error: We are very sorry, but an internal error occurred. Please re-install the program to fix the problem Error-Code: 1 / -3 / 9000 See doc#5305

Download adobe flash [ 1 Answers ]

My computer at work doesnot download adobe flash player---all my other computers have. When I try to download the flash software at the work computer it says that it has been successfully downloaded but it has not---what to do? John

View more questions Search