Ask
    tushar_more55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 02:20 AM
    Adopt a child
    What is the procedure to adopt a child
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 06:45 AM

1. Go to an agency or lawyer, or your local foster care agency.
    2. Follow their directions.

There are so many different kinds of adoption that there is no way that anyone could tell you what the procedure is unless you have a specific type of adoption in mind---and even then, it varies from family to family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to adopt a child [ 6 Answers ]

I'm looking to adopt. I'm blessed enough to know a lady that has adopted/fostered over 24 children in her lifetime and she is telling me the best ways to go about it. She said the FIRST THING, and the most important thing you must do is PRAY. She said the SECOND THING that you must do is get...

Want to adopt sister's child [ 6 Answers ]

My sister was having her son with her and going through a difficult divorce when suddenly she died in a car accident. Now we want to adopt her child as her husband has not bothered to see his child or even offer child support for over 2 yrs now but he is unwilling to give us adoption rights. Can we...

Adopt a child [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is rumanian and has a daughter who she has sole custody of. They both have lived with me now in the uk for two years and I want to adopt her daughter. What do I need to do ? Thank you Darren

How can I adopt a child (not my biological child) from my ex [ 2 Answers ]

When I met my ex, she has a 2 yrs old child. While we were married, the child start to think of me as his dad and I've kept that relationship even after our divorce. Now, we are divorced, but the child is with me and my ex and has never seen his biological father. My ex is feeling sick now, and...

Must he adopt his own child [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for information on Tn. Law when a man is married to one woman and is having a baby with another woman, must he adopt his own child

View more questions Search