sassybaby25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 11:30 PM
    Grants for felons
    Can I get a grant for college being a felon for the state of Ohio
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:52 AM

Hi, sassybaby25!

I'm not sure about Ohio, but there might be some federal student aid available. You also might want to check with the institution that you want to attend to see what scholarships and financial aid they might have available.

Has someone told you that you aren't going to be able to get a scholarship or financial aid of some kind because you have a felony on your record? There most likely will be some kind of financial aid available, depending on your grades and income of yourself and/or parents, through whatever college it is to which you apply. Much of that information might be readily available online on the website of the particular institution.

I have heard something about the possibility of grants and scholarships being available through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for those who have been convicted of a felony. However, it would depend on what the conviction was for and an applicant's compliance with certain stipulations in order to be eligible. For more information, please visit FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once a person has done their time been on probation or parole, basically paid their debt to society, then they are free to apply for monies just like anyone else does in the form of loans or financial aid from educational institutions, banks, municipalities and others.

But, like I said above earlier, in order to be eligible for grants or scholarships from certain programs that are designed to help those who have been convicted of a felony, then it might depend on what the conviction was for and that certain conditions must be met.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 05:46 AM

Also depends on what the charges were. There are some money that will not be avaiabe to those with drug charges that may be available to other charges. Best to work with the college you want to go to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants for felons [ 2 Answers ]

What types of grant are out there for ex-felons?

Grants for felons [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any federal or state funding in Arkansas for convicted felons to start a small business? I would like to open a small pet store and don't know where to start on grants or loans someone please help me. Thank-you.

Grants for Ex-Felons [ 6 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for ex-felons who were convicted of a non drug related or any type of serious or violent crime?

Grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I need info. On student grants for convicted felons returning to school

View more questions Search