Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    idyllic39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Practices at Work place
    Hi,

I am new to the office culture. I have a colleague "A", who informs be if he has to go out for 30-40 minutes during Non-lunch hours.He informed me as I was the only person at my desk and he had to leave as someone was waiting for him.

Last week, I had some important unexpected work for which I had to go out for 40 mins(non lunch hour),so I went to my colleague "B" and told him that I will gone for some time because of some imp work. Immediately he responded that "you donot have to tell me , you can just leave".

Well I told him because he was the only one available at that time and I thought someone should know before I leave.

What is the usual practice. Is it good practice to just put a word out there?

Please advice
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:54 PM

Ask your boss what the proper procedure is. He should be make aware, I think, if you are going to be away from your work area when it isn't scheduled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfair work practices [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone answer this question? I was hurt at work 2 yrs ago went through 2 surgeries and some other treatments and I got better but not good enough to return to my job. Here is the problem I was working light duty doing what doctor allowed me to do Then at my last appointment with the doctor he...

Work place theft [ 7 Answers ]

I am working with a clothing store and in high school, straight A student on honour roll no criminal record and have never been in trouble at school before, recently, my colleagues at work showed me how they make refunds at the till in their bank cards to get money, I was in a situation to help...

UPS unsafe work practices [ 3 Answers ]

Someone tell me how one of the riches companies in the world is able with the aid of the union to make their truck mechanics work with broken tools, no truck lifts(taking out and replacing a trans is pretty difficult to do on a creeper) no tire trucks(they have to jack the truck up as if it were a...

Unfair work practices [ 2 Answers ]

I have worked at the same company for more than 2 years,In that time, I have changed to supervisor off the plant. I started as a shipper/receiver.I voluntarily moved back to shipping in Feb. with several things promised to me that was never followed through with.They told me I was moving back to...

View more questions Search