Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdworrell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 09:47 PM
    how long can a red wine be stored
    If a red wine is stored appropriately, how long generally can I store a red Cabernet? Wine factors into this equation?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 09:52 PM
    You should store the bottle on it's side in a temp. controlled atmosphere. It's important that it is not exposed to sunlight or excessive heat. With proper care, it can last forever.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 24, 2008, 04:44 AM
    There are a vast number of variables as to the longevity of this wine, which you haven't included in your original post.

The producer and vintage are two major points to consider in offering advice.

Just to add to JJ's response and add that what ever location you chose should NOT fluctuate in temperature and be as vibration free as possible.
    Optimum storage temp is 12 C.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Red wine in bottle -- how long good? [ 12 Answers ]

How long can one store red wine in the bottle and Expect it to still be drinkable upon opening?

Stored home [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and me own our property.9 years ago our daugther and her boyfriend bought a new moblie home and put it on our property. It was only to be here for a short while until they found there own property.the home was in his name only and he left 3 years ago and our daugther and her new boyfriend...

How long is info stored/ able to be found on hard drive? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm getting divorced and one of the things my X husband wants is access to my home computer to prove "my chat usage". I readily admit I chattted during our marriage and my computer is right in my living room, no secret there. I am wondering what a normal average non expert can pull from my...

Passwords stored on PC in. [ 7 Answers ]

I am sure I read some where that passwords used on your PC are stored somewhere. What I am after I am going to rebuild my computer and have got to use to pressing the tab key to put password automatically in for me and can't remember some of them. I am sure its found in the msiconfig or...

View more questions Search