Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:11 AM

You need to get away from your perceived, fantasy world and look around you at the real one. She is hardly your girlfriend, and you have no business punching someone in the nose. There are better, adult ways to deal with insults and abuses.

Reminds me of that guy on Christmas Eve who showed up at his ex in-laws' party and was dressed in a Santa suit. He shot up the people there and burned down the house after shooting an 8 y/o girl in the face. He decided he had been abused by his ex-wife and was going to show all of them, yessiree bobtail.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Dec 27, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You need to get away from your perceived, fantasy world and look around you at the real one. She is hardly your gf, and you have no business punching someone in the nose. There are better, adult ways to deal with insults and abuses.

Reminds me of that guy on Christmas Eve who showed up at his ex in-laws' party and was dressed in a Santa suit. He shot up the people there and burned down the house after shooting an 8 y/o girl in the face. He decided he had been abused by his ex-wife and was gonna show all of them, yessiree bobtail.
    What does that have to do with defending some one who isn't there to defend themselves, maybe I don't have any business punching people in the face, but he has no business calling my girlfriend, and yes she is my girlfriend, a slut, and yeah, there are more adult ways of dealing with things like that, but if you haven't noticed, I'm fifteen
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:20 AM

When you start justifying your own bad behavior, that means you have learned nothing, and will make the mistake again.

Get a clue dude, because he was wrong, doesn't make you right. If violence is the only solution you can come up with, your not just thinking wrong, but doing wrong, and that comes with a price to pay too.

You can do better, if you want to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AManWithNoName View Post
    what does that have to do with defending some one who isnt there to defend them selves, maybe i dont have any buisness punching people in the face, but he has no buisness calling my gf, and yes she is my gf, a slut, and yeah, there are more adult ways of dealing with things like that, but if you havnt noticed, im fifteen
    Oh, finally. Now you're just a kid, just 15 y/o and hardly responsible for himself. What happened to all that tough talk about law enforcement classes (certainly you're learning something more legally important than how to pick locks, like ethics for instance?), and the SWAT and Blackwater stuff. And now you are calling her a slut too?? Who's going to punch you in the nose?

Dec 27, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Oh, finally. Now you're just a kid, just 15 y/o and hardly responsible for himself. What happened to all that tough talk about law enforcement classes (certainly you're learning something more legally important than how to pick locks, like ethics for instance?), and the SWAT and Blackwater stuff. And now you are calling her a slut too????? Who's going to punch you in the nose?
    I didn't say she was a slut, I was finishing the sentence, there were comas there, so what I said was he had no business calling my girlfreind, then I said yes she is my girlfreind, because you said she is hardly my girlfriend, then I finished the sentense, what I said was he had no business calling my girl friend a slut, understand?
    Im studying law inforcement, I'm not in it yet
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Im studying law inforcement, im not in it yet
    I said in a post above, "What happened to all that tough talk about law enforcement classes (certainly you're learning something more legally important than how to pick locks, like ethics for instance?)"

Dec 27, 2008, 11:49 AM
    I said in a post above, "What happened to all that tough talk about law enforcement classes (certainly you're learning something more legally important than how to pick locks, like ethics for instance?)"
    Yes I am, but I'm not a cop yet
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 12:23 PM
    yes i am, but im not a cop yet
    So you won't learn ethics and civilized behavior until you're a cop? The police forces I know about don't hire people who have a history of punching and other bad behavior.

Dec 27, 2008, 12:48 PM
    So you won't learn ethics and civilized behavior until you're a cop? The police forces I know about don't hire people who have a history of punching and other bad behavior.
    They would, they don't care about what you did before you join, it only matters what you do while you're a cop
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 12:52 PM

You certainly don't know anything about police forces, you will go though a very complete background check, including interviews with mental health professionals and a lie detector test.

If you have a history of violence they will not even give you a chance to complete the interview process.

Dec 27, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You certainly don't know anything about police forces, you wil go though a very complete background check, including interviews with mental health professionals and a lie detector test.

If you have a history of violence they will not even give you a chance to complete the interview process.
    Aperintly you don't, yeah background test, yeah lie detector, but aslong as your honest they'll let you in the force, and just because I punched a kid in the face doesn't meen I'm a bad kid, hell, it was an accident, I'm sorry for doing it, godamn, don't go telling me that I can't do what I want to do with life just because I made some mistakes, and don't you dare tell me to go with god, I have a feeling that's comeing up, there is no god for me
    FroOGle Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Just try not to screw up
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Aperintly you don't, yeah background test, yeah lie detector, but aslong as your honest they'll let you in the force, and just because I punched a kid in the face doesn't meen I'm a bad kid, hell, it was an accident, I'm sorry for doin it, godamn, don't go telling me that I can't do what I want to do with life just because I made some mistakes, and don't you dare tell me to go with god, I have a feeling that's comeing up, there is no god for me
    A policeman has to be literate too (ten mistakes in a quick count of only this post of yours). And no, they won't give you a pass for "being honest" about your uncivilized past. They don't want hotheads on the force. And don't say punching that kid was an accident.

We are not keeping you from getting what you want out of life. You are making very poor choices. Police forces don't want immature, out-of-control people even to apply.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Dec 27, 2008, 01:45 PM

Geez kid, you're immature. Embrace advice, don't bash it. We're telling you that you have problems, very clear ones. Either you want to accept that or not.
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Just because I punched a kid in the face doesn't meen I'm a bad kid, hell, it was an accident,
    No it wasn't, that's BS, which is lame. You made a mistake and sorry doesn't cover it unless you correct that mistake.

Dec 27, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No it wasn't, thats BS, which is lame. You made a mistake and sorry doesn't cover it unless you correct that mistake.
    How do I go about doing that?
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Apologize to the affected parties, and mean it, and start thinking before you act. To be better, you must do better.

Leave the excuses for your own behavior behind, and take responsibility for your actions.

For example, talking crazy after drinking to much, stop the behavior of drinking to much. (Not saying you do, just saying as an example) Sometimes apologies are not enough, but if thats all you have, better to learn from the mistake, by not repeat it.

Dec 28, 2008, 10:26 PM

Ok, so I apoligized to everyone who was there, and I let the dude punch me back, in the face
    So me and her are good
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Dec 28, 2008, 10:34 PM

Sigh, why would you let this kid punch you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 411Help View Post
    Sigh, why would you let this kid punch you?
    Or is that his easy answer to get us off his back? I mean, gee, that was days ago. I find it hard to believe the kid's parents haven't done anything about it. I sure would have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

Bowle Movements aren't what they used to be [ 2 Answers ]

On new years I went to stay at a friends house and we started drinking to celebrate the new years. I had a combination of Beer, Saki, Baily's Irish Cream, Brown Nut home brew beer, and bicardi during the night being the total equivlent of about 12 beers I would guess to say. Well anyway for the...

Puppy makes HUGE mess when we aren't home. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved to a new house. We have put the puppy's crate (5 month old, beagle/jack mix... about 11lbs.) in the basement during the day as to not disturb the neighbors. We tried to stop feeding him in the later evenings and make sure he goes to the bathroom in the morning... but consistently...

Great relationship turned long distance mess [ 4 Answers ]

I met a great guy. We started dating. The catch - before we met, he had set up a job in a different city. We agreed that changing life/career plans for a new relationship was pure insanity, but also that this relationship was worth pursuing. Things were wonderful. We became best friends in...

3yrs hooking up with someone and we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend [ 13 Answers ]

I have been hooking up with this guy for 3 years. I like him so much and I know he likes me. I don't think he wants a commitment, because he hasn't asked me out and he may never. We hangout like once a week and we keep our options open for others that walk into our lives. I wonder sometimes why...

View more questions Search