Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary salinas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Found live thing looking like a grain of rice on rear leg.
    I have a 3 month old kitten that was adopted from pet smart. He was nudered and had his shots before we adopted him. Once we got him home he got sick and we took him to our vet. He had a virual infection, and was put on antibiotics for the last 14 days. All his symptoms have cleared up now, but I just found a thing on his rear leg that was alive and looked like a grain of rice. I am assuming that this was from his rectum. What the heck is it?? What do I need to do for the kitten?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 07:27 PM

Worms. Take him back to vet to be dewormed as soon as possible.
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 07:40 PM

It's almost certainly a tape-worm segment.
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 08:04 PM

If you don't want to put him through another trip to the vet, you can just take them a stool sample, or a piece of the segment in a baggie, and they can determine what kind of medication he needs. (For some types of worms it's just one dose.)
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Dec 25, 2008, 04:34 PM

Relax, it is a tapeworm segment-get a PRESCRIPTION dewormer from your vet NOT the stuff you buy at the store-that stuff can kill your pet. Seen it way too often at our vet clinic! Tapeworms are transmitted by fleas carrying the tapeworm larvae. After deworming, if you do not use a once a month flea preventative, he/she will get them again as the dewormer given only works once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does White Rice Cost Less than Brown Rice? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Everyone, I have been consuming brown rice for years, but today, while discussing the differences between brown rice and white rice with my girlfriend, she asked me why white rice would cost less if it requires so much more energy to process it (by process, I mean milling it, polishing it,...

Found out I have to Live with my Ex next schoolyear. [ 8 Answers ]

I got some kind of troubling news today... my girlfriend and I have been broken up for 3 weeks and we haven't talked in more than a week... we're both in the same scholarship organization and go to the same school, everyone in this group except for the freshmen and sophomore girls live in the same...

Found a new thing! [ 8 Answers ]

:) Hey guyz I found this new website I don't know anything of it but it look promising here's the link tell me what you think? http://www.euoko.com/web/n_product.aspx?route=5

Found warrant for me in TX, I live in FL 2nd degree Felony, what should I do? [ 2 Answers ]

I found out I have a warrant in the great state of TX. I am currently living in FL. I am a productive citizen in FL. I am a mom to 3 wonderful children. I am currently jumping through hoops set before me by the great state of FL to get custody of my children back. I sent my kids from TX to FL...

Reading against the grain? [ 3 Answers ]

What is that? My English homework is to read an article, but we have to read it against the grain. HELP... :eek:

View more questions Search