Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinbladejb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 02:24 PM
    CPA firm name change and comparative audit report
    When a CPA changes the firm name (not a new firm or entity), how should it handle that when issuing a comparative period audit report? Do you have to mention the name change? Does anyone know of any language in the Standards?
    MLSNC Posts: 158, Reputation: 17

Dec 23, 2008, 10:04 PM

Interesting question. Off the top of my head, I don't know of anything in the Standards. I would think if it was a name change it wouldn't have to be mentioned, if the same people are taking responsibility for both years, but that is just a guess. Best advice I can give is to call the State Board and get someone's opinion. If that doesn't appeal or you can't get an answer, some State Societies have a list of CPA's that offer advice on a volunteer basis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comparative Income Statement [ 1 Answers ]

Prepare a comparative income statement for Walmart, Inc. for the years ended December 31, 2006, Be sure to include figures for gross margin, operating income, income before taxes, net income, and earnings per share. Sales $300,000 Utilities expenses 15,000 Employee salaries 115,000...

Comparative Advantages [ 1 Answers ]

If the US and China specialize according to comparative advantage what will happen to the total output of steel and aluminum in the two countries?

View more questions Search