Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normierich Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
    I eat too much at night!
    Help! I have the awful habit of eating/snacking at night. I'm not exactly sure why I do it, it's a bad habit that I would love to break. Is there a 'good' snack that I can have at night until I do break this habit? Please don't suggest celery or carrot sticks, I already thought of that, and I don't like them. In fact, I really don't like vegetables at all. I eat fairly well during the day, but for some reason I eat too much at night. Please let me know if you have any good tips!
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Dec 23, 2008, 02:53 PM

Try a bowl of special K cereal... sun chips they are multi grain and better for you than regular chips... try jello or puddung... it also helps if you have a small snack in between meals too it will cut down on the late night snacking
    lrwilkins Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Trying Hoodia may help you. It helps suppress your appetite and it safe and natural. I read about it on Womans-Health.Net. Here's the link to find out more:
    http://womans-health.net/best-gordonii-hoodia-plus.htm. Good Luck.
    tata85usa Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 07:57 PM

I try hoodia, and I had lot of problems
    normierich Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Dec 28, 2008, 09:47 PM
    What kind of problems did you have with Hoodia?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 08:02 AM

Try carrots or celery. Its not exciting, but healthy and it fills the void.

Just kidding.

Popcorn without salt or butter is decently healthy and a good evening snack.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 07:45 PM

I usually eat a small cup of yogurt or cottage cheese with some fruits in it. They're extremely high in proteins and relatively low in carbs/fats.

Jan 1, 2009, 06:13 PM

I had really bed pain around the stomach and also I start using eyeglass ( before I never had problems with my yes)

Jan 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
    I am not recommend
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 1, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by normierich View Post
    Help! I have the awful habit of eating/snacking at night. I'm not exactly sure why I do it, it's a bad habit that I would love to break. Is there a 'good' snack that I can have at night until I do break this habit? Please don't suggest celery or carrot sticks, I already thought of that, and I don't like them. In fact, I really don't like vegetables at all. I eat fairly well during the day, but for some reason I eat too much at night. Please let me know if you have any good tips!
    I get up and drink lots, the fact that you wake up is more than likey due to stress. The fact that you "crave" something exciting isn't out of norm, but it will make it harder for you to sleep if you eat, any thing overly salty, sugary, caffinated (chocolate.), heavy, hard to digest things. The things you want to aviod are, big things like a bowl of cearl, for one milk is hard to digest, and it's quit filling. Also stay clear of snacks like choc bars, pop corn (greasey), carrots (hard to digest), bread (heavey), and various other things.

If you want to get a good nights sleep, and you are waking up at night to snack, eat something like an orenge, mellon, (not apples) too hard to digest, some berries. Keep it light. Keep it small, keep it easy to digest. Have a half an orenge at first, if that don't work then try the whole thing. But try it for 2 weeks. Get yourself into a routine, and FORCE YOURSELF (you are quite capable of using your own free will, unless you think you should talk to a doc? ) to stop eating at night. Have big breakfasts, medium lunch, and smaller dinners, and a light snack after dinner, about 2-3 hours BEFORE bed. That is something I do and I'm not snacking so much at night, I do drink water, but that goes through us quite easily.

Also, try to find time before bead to just relax, make that time for you.

Ok peace

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Had sex last night. [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I had sex last night. Well, actually oral sex and like a half an hour later he wants to have sex. BUT... he couldn't get it completely hard and could not for the life of him. Is this normal?

One last night out? [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 year decided we needed a break to find herself and go her own way in life. Should I take her out tonight for one last date? Or leave it be for a couple weeks after NC, or should I forget it all together

Every night [ 6 Answers ]

Lately I have been enjoying drinking, and getting very tipsy almost every night with my boyfriend. I like to drink scnapps and dark liquor most of the time. I am finding that I miss it if I don't do it for a day or two. I just wanted to know if this is a problem or is it pretty normal? I'm...

Day and Night [ 2 Answers ]

Help, I just bought a home in July 2006, the home is built 1976. It has a 3 ton Say and night unit, I had it serviced in September for the cold weather. The Tech found a 2" X 8" crack in the heat exchange. I have home warranty but they refuse to fix it. HSA would not recommend them to anyone. I...

View more questions Search