Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Don't know why, just made me puke.
    Doctor who converted liposuctioned fat into biodiesel is closing California plastic surgery practice
    In California, the controversial Beverly Hills Liposculpture announced that it is closing, after disclosures (that may be unrelated to the shut-down) that its chief, Dr. Alan Bittner, has been converting liposuctioned fat into biodiesel to power two SUVs belonging to himself and a girlfriend. The company served more than 7000 liposuction patients over a 10-year period.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 09:51 AM

But look at the bright side, Mag, at least the fat's going to a good use(?). And just how many folks do you know that power the SUCKmobiles with human waste? Not many. I don't know of anyone either. Wonder what the exhaust smelled like... certainly not French Fried potatoes. Ugh. What for nauseating smell was that anyway going down the road? Makes you wonder what the ecological nuts in California will think up next. Are you sure you didn't make this one up?
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:14 AM

I get the Daily Biofuels News Digest.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:30 AM

Did it mention what it smelled like?? Just curious.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:44 AM

Soylent fuel ? And everyone complains because we are a nation of fatties.
    It's a very efficient recycle... almost a 1:1 ratio of human fat to bio-diesel

Fill 'Er Up With Human Fat - Forbes.com
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:52 AM

Just heard from my California Prison Gard buddies that the California Supreme Court has ordered the release of 90 THOUSAND non violent inmates.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Could smell like bacon?
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 23, 2008, 04:47 PM

Wow! I'v heard of burning off the calories, but------.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 05:02 PM

90 thousand set free? California is really, truly broke if that's the case. Glad I don't live there as they will probably let Charlie Manson out on "work release" next week due to lack of state money. Ahnold sure made a mess out of that state.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    Could smell like bacon?
    Why would you ever dream of mentioning bacon and bad smells in the same post as something that makes you puke? I thought you were better than that Magatory!! :mad:
    But, you that is pretty sick. Maybe you can power your car on sour-dough bread starters?? :D
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 06:57 PM

That's an awesome idea, hey they could buy your fat off you too sell as bio fuel decreasing the cost of liposuction, it all depends on how fat you are in relation to how much the price is lowered.
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 07:22 PM
    The NY Slimes has a surprisingly honest report about green energy .
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/26/bu...hs6v+gxTCwR61w

One paragraph talks of the problem of using blends of bio-diesel in the winter :
    In January 2007, a bus stalled in the middle of the night on Interstate 70 in the Colorado mountains. The culprit was a 20 percent biodiesel blend that congealed in the freezing weather, according to John Jones, the transit director for the bus line, Summit Stage. (Biodiesel is a diesel substitute, typically made from vegetable oil, that is used to displace some fossil fuels.)
    The passengers got out of that situation intact, but Summit Stage, which serves ski resorts, now avoids biodiesel from November to March, and uses only a 5 percent blend in the summertime, when it can still get cold in the mountains. “We can't have people sitting on buses freezing to death while we get out there trying to get them restarted,” Mr. Jones said.

To make this process truly renewable there would be a need to allow fatties to replenish their supply of body fat from November to March and then have the liposuction extraction done in time to shop for the summer bathing suit.
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Dec 28, 2008, 07:35 PM

Hum... now if we can just come up with a way to connect a hose directly to our gut and fuel our auto's on the fly.

We'd be a energy independent - - skinny nation!
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2008, 10:04 PM

Running pure alcohol has the same problem. Some people are putting a nozzle to shoot gasoline in to get it started. After it warms up, no problem.
    I'm reading this book now and have purchased plans for my own still. I'm waiting for the permit to come. In my area, we have lots and lots of sugar beets. If you want to know the whole truth about it, stop listening to the big oil companies crap and get the real low down. Might amaze you.
    Book:
    Welcome to Alcohol Can Be a Gas! | Permaculture & Alcohol Can Be A Gas
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 03:21 AM

Sugar cane ethanol has helped Brazil off it's oil addiction. But they don't get too many days below freezing.

It makes much more sense as you point out to use sugar than corn. But it is still cheaper to import ethanol from sugar cane than to make it domestically from sugar beet .But those numbers are probably warped due to the subsidies and price supports.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

How was it made [ 2 Answers ]

When was music created and how was it formed

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

I made someone up [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I think this is going to be a long story so... sorry in advance. I've been in a relationship for 4 years now. We have a 6 month old daughter, and we argue all the time. Our sex life is pretty much completely shot, and I always find text messages in her phone to and from other guys. One of...

Something that made my day [ 1 Answers ]

Dear everyone, Add some cultrue flavor here.:) http://www.6rooms.com/p/OvDHtp4lPWDdnasGxeopdA Wish everyone a beautiful day. If you want to talk about the video go ahead.;)

View more questions Search