Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Forward this message or you'll repent
    Lately, I have been receiving mails saying if I don't pass that mail someone's kid is going to die or something bad will happen. I know for sure that that is all bull**** but why do they send such E-Mails. Is this some sort of advertisement program or what?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2006, 08:02 AM
    It's shallow people that pass along that sort of thing. I get them all the time too - and even from people close to me.

I don't pass them on and just delete them. I used to try to "educate" the senders (when they're family or friends) as to the rediculousness of them, but long ago gave up on that.

It's like the old "chain letters" idea reborn.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2006, 08:18 AM
    I get them too. It is not good to pass them around. Like Rick I end up deleting them. Like Rick said as well it is like the old chain letters that used to go around in paper, but now we have the good old web where thousands of messages can be sent around the world. Its scary to see what is sent to peoples email boxes.

Joe
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2006, 02:06 PM
    Like the others, I delete them as well.

It is very sad that some people still believe in this…very sad.
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 15, 2006, 03:01 PM
    I view them as another form of spam !

I do get a number of them from time to time but always as everyone else seems to HIT delete. I have also seen a rise in the last few months that these horrid things are also been sent to mobile phones via texts as well.

The last one I had was this week, with the six money bee's lol so I guess I won't be getting Rich soon.
    Grammarian-Bot Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 16, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Well... I too delete them every time I get them but I think its more than just "chain Letters". I'm not sure but it may have something to do with the companies whose names and URLs are in these messages. May be the people who strt these mails get paid or something. I don't know but it's definitely out for something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forward as attachment [ 3 Answers ]

Is it still possible to forward a single email as an attachment using Microsoft Office 2003? I've recently started using BlueSecurity.com and I frequently need forward a single piece of spam to them but I can't find the forward as attachment option. If I select two or more emails they will send...

Too forward - Question for women? [ 19 Answers ]

All right ladies this is for you... I am recently on the open market... You'll know my situation from my other posts. Here is the question. I find myself at the bar very willing to talk to any girl that sparks my interest. I just walk up or tap them on there shoulder and ask them their...

One step forward, two back [ 26 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy off and on for over 3 months but don't get to see him often as he has a son and between that, his job and his church, I am a distant 4th place. He had to break plans with me tonight and I asked him why (via e-mail) and if he was dating anyone else, we'll because I jumped...

Transmission -want move forward [ 1 Answers ]

I have 97 f-350 4x4- transmission want move in forward gear but will back up fluid level is correct and don't smell burnt.

I need to learn more about being small forward [ 5 Answers ]

Hey ol coach you there/ please help, I'm 12 I'm 4 11' I need to be better at my position, do you know any ball handling and dribbling drills/ please help me . Anyhelp will be appreciated

View more questions Search