Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bob Caley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 01:04 AM
    Extreme Pain
    I have had a permanat crown put on around three weeks ago. I had severe pain afterwards and my dentist gave me amoxcillilin to clear up a infection. It cleared and for several weeks but within the last few days I have had the severe pain come back. I went to by dentist yesterday and he said it will be the same thing another infection. I have taken 4 tablets now three yesterday and 1 this morning and the pain is not going.
    I have ear ache
    Slight head pain
    Bad eye and mouth

When I drink cold water and swill it over the area of the pain the pain goes off for a minute and then comes straight back.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 04:09 AM

Teeth are a pain no pun intended. If the pain doesn't away after this pill regiment I would see another dentists for another opinion. Meanwhile I would use some ice cubes on that tooth if its just a nerve problem and no low grade infection then the pills probably won't work this time. Think of it from the dentist point. My patient has problems with his crown and to cover his bases which is fine he prescribes low dose for infections just in case that what it is. He might be right and the first treatment didn't quite get it. If that's the case it took some time for the tiny infection left to build up enough to feel it again. The cold water obviously is calming down a nerve, Take your pills and ice the crown on and off through the day and night to give that nerve a chance to calm down. At the end of the pills see how it feels. If its not good see another dentist for another opinion
    Happy Holidays! Singed 21boat.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 07:32 PM

Have your dentist check the bite, the crown could be high. Take some ibuprofen (Advil) if you can, that may help with the inflammation.
    If you have an infection in the tooth, you should be having a root canal done and not just being prescribed antibiotics. Maybe it's time for a second opinion??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I am 20 years old and I have a problem. This is my first time posting a question on here, and I'm hoping to get some feedback. Maybe some ideas that I haven't heard before. See, I am generally a happy-go-lucky person. Most people see me as a REALLY happy girl, and I would even say...

Extreme! Pain after sex . (short ?) [ 4 Answers ]

I have experienced 3 times sharp pains in my lower abdomen, after sex, (once during sex) the pain feel like a stabbing cramp in the vaginal and lower abdomen region. The pain is 100% unbearable, I was in tears. Yesterday the pain lasted about 1 hour very intense after I had sex. And slowly...

Extreme Pain After Filling replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I chipped my filling on my left bottom side. The last tooth before the wisdom tooth. Ever since I got the new amalgam, it hurts. It is very sensitive to temperature. When I chew on it, it hurts. The pain extends to the upper teeth. When there is no activity, there could be wobbling pain. ...

Its gone from one extreme to the other! [ 2 Answers ]

We have a year old kitten, he has been spayed, and after the last trip to the vets, we were told he is fit and well. We have always had a problem with his litter box/training etc. when we got him we were told he was litter trained, we got him when he was 12 weeks old and he settled in well. Long...

Extreme dizziness [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I am a smoker, have been for almost two years and I am ready to quit. I have tried going cold turkey, but I always start again, after a week or so. I have tried the patch and the gum, to no avail. Every time I smoke a cigarette, I get really dizzy and my body feels like it weighs a ton. I...

View more questions Search