Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copbond1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 11:09 PM
    Whirlpool elec dryer mdl #GEW9200ll1
    Sure hope you can help I just about run out of ideas. First symptoms. Dryer just shut down no light of anything. At suggestion of a friend I shut of the circuit breaker for 10 minutes turned it back on and it worked. Ran for about 20 minutes then shut down. It was suggested that I replace the thermistor which I did. Worked one day then stopped. I was told it was probably the control panel so I bought a new one out $104.00. Worked 2 days and then when I got up this morning it was off. I've checked heater it shows continuity shows 0 ohms manual says it should be between 7-10 ohms. Anyway to check this closer. Is there anything else that would make the heater show bad??

Copbond1
    VIII2368 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 06:04 PM
    I have a problem some what similar to yours today.
    The four pins plug is old. It get very warm the rubber was getting soft after the dry run for a while and lost connection, dryer stop no light nothing. Replaced okay now
    copbond1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 06:38 PM

Are you talking about 4 pin plug on control board??

copbond1
    VIII2368 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Dec 23, 2008, 07:44 PM
    NO, the big black one that plugs into the wall outlet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dryer mdl # GEW9200ll1 [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried almost everything to fix this dryer. Here is my final question I just checked the heater. According to the manual it should show 7 to 12 ohms it shows totally closed 0 ohms even though it still works periodically. But when the dryer shuts down everything goes off all electricity. Any...

Whirlpool Elec Dryer - Clothes Not Drying [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Electric Dryer, model # LEB6000PQ0. The dryer does not seem to dry the clothes much at all. I have removed the lint from all components (internal & external) as well as the vent from the back of the dryer to the outside. I notice when the dryer first starts, the heating...

Elec Dryer No Heat [ 2 Answers ]

Just moved to the new house and the Kenmore Elec dryer won't heat up but does run... Ran before the move.. The old tent was drying cloths in theirs still before they got their dryer out.. It was the last thing they took.. Theirs worked fine so I'm really sure the outlet is good.. One other...

Whirlpool elec dryer [ 1 Answers ]

After acquiring a Whirlpool Senseon Electric Dryer from a friend I have ran into some issues. It is only 2 years old and the Door Switch Assembly was bad and needed to be replaced. Well, my husband has bypassed that for the time being until we can get a part, but the dryer will shut off after...

View more questions Search