Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aprilharper80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 05:51 PM
    No fault car accident
    I was in a car accident that was not my fault in the state of Alabama what are my rights if any. I was not given a ticket at the time accident.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilharper80 View Post
    I was in a car accident that was not my fault in the state of alabama what are my rights if any. I was not given a ticket at the time accident.

What are you asking about? Repairs to your car, repairs to the other car, personal injuries, pain and suffering, a lawsuit?

What specific rights are you asking about - ?

The ticket - at least in NY - has little relevance unless the Police actually witnessed the accident. They rely on what you said, what the other party said, what the witnesses said. It's not eye witness testimony.
    aprilharper80 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 07:07 PM
    I would like to know if I'm going to have to pay for all damages to my car and the one that hit me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2008, 09:03 PM

Well you had a accident, according to you, someone hit you and they are at fault. So the police would have done a report and then given the other person a ticket, or at least showed them at fault.

You now contact their insurance company and ask them how to get your car fixed. If they refuse, turn it over to your own company, assuming you have full coverage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this accident my fault? [ 11 Answers ]

OK so I was making a left hand turn and I was suppose to yeld but I didn't see this car and she cliped my back bumper is it still my falt if it was that back of the car oo and it was ice outside so she couldn't stop and that's why she hit me. :confused: :(

Car accident not at fault [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I need advise please. I was involved ina car accident 2 months ago. It was not my fault . On the day of the accident I had my 22 month old son with me t,he paramedics arrive but I refuse to go to the hospital because I didn't have any insurance. Also I had just purchased that car and I was...

No fault accident [ 7 Answers ]

My husband was stopped at a stop sign and he started to make a left hand turn. He saw the car and stopped again. He was not out in the street. The car that was doing 60 miles per hour (in a 25 mile zone) hit my husband. The police claim that no one is at fault. No tickets were given. Now...

Accident not my fault [ 1 Answers ]

Someone pulled out on me due to he was attending to a crying baby in a car seat in the passenger seat,obviously he didn't check his mirrors before pulling out on me.his car then continued to push me into a residential brick wall with damage to both cars.I then found out that my insurance wasn't...

Not at fault for car accident, do they pay? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, this is pretty long and confusing but I'm hoping someone will know. I was just rear ended a few days ago during traffic time. The light was green but we all had to stop. The SUV behind us didn't realize it and ended up slamming into the back of our car. She admitted fault and kept telling us...

View more questions Search