Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    love092489 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
    A Different College?
    Ok so I attend the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and I am not very happy here. This school was actually my last choice, but I decided to attend this school because my financial aid paid for it all. My parents did not have to come out of pocket at all so they said that this is where I needed to be. I also got accepted to DePaul University in Chicago and they said that they would pay for 15,000 of the tuition, but that left my parents to pay the other 15,000. I just really want to be in Chicago. What should I do? Am I being selfish?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 06:31 AM

Is there a particular reason why you aren't happy where you are? Anything that you could change besides switching schools? Why does the other school appeal to you more? In the end, once you have your degree, will it make any difference where the degree came from?

If your parents are not comfortably able to pay for part of your tuition than you should take that on yourself. See about other student loans or a personal loan. Check out the many scholarships that go unused each year.

There is much to be said for having your entire tuition covered and no one had to go into debt for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

Should I drop out of a 2 year college and go to a 4 year college instead? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok last September I attended a two year college for one semester and I took a semester off due to financial difficulties. I was suppose to start school next week and I don't think I can make it. I told my friend and family I would go back to school this sept, I don't think that's going to happen...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

401 for college [ 1 Answers ]

I need to withdrawl $ from my 401K to pay for college expenses - my plan will automatically take fed and states taxes - will I have to pay a penalty or should I take the withdrawl - put it into an IRA and then withdrawl it?

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search