Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Dec 22, 2008, 03:54 PM
    The Kayla Knight story: Miracle at Whitehouse, Texas
    Everyone should read this account of the healing of 11 year old Kayla Knight. A brain tumor that involved about one-fourth of her brain disappeared in answer to prayer in the name of Jesus Christ.

Believers will be excited about it.

Unbelievers will find their unbelief challenged.

Google KLTV (channel 7, Longview/Jacksonville/Tyler, Texas) Then type in "Kayla Knight" and find the article "Power of prayer" Actually, I Googled simply "Kayla Knight" and found the article as well.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 02:28 PM

So, all Christians can forgo medical treatment. Great!

But, really, I don't think there are any Christians with that much faith. Maybe just a few JW's who let their children die. :(

Dec 23, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux View Post
    So, all Christians can forgo medical treatment. Great!

But, really, I don't think there are any Christians with that much faith. Maybe just a few JW's who let their children die. :(
    Did you actually read the story?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2008, 08:11 PM

Of course not.

Post it here if you want people to read something.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Dec 24, 2008, 10:44 AM

I've read it before when someone else or maybe it was even you mentioned it before.

I refer you too.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Of which the article contains almost none. It has a lot of emotional accounts but no real evidence.

Lets put it this way if they were saying I did it would you want more evidence or would you take me at my word?

Dec 24, 2008, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    I've read it before when someone else or maybe it was even you mentioned it before.

I refer you too.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Of which the article contains almost none. It has a lot of emotional accounts but no real evidence.

Lets put it this way if they were saying I did it would you want more evidence or would you take me at my word?
    The published story included before and after mri pictures showing a huge mass before and nothing after. How much more real evidence do you require?

If I had a scanner, I would be happy to send you the pictures.

Btw. Choux, if you didn't read it, why did you even post? The mother was in the process of obtaining medical help when the tumor was found.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2008, 05:41 PM

Many ill people have been prayed for. Kayla is one who was healed. Why haven't all the others been healed?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2008, 06:00 PM

I do believe in divine intervention but sadly there are many people who 's prayers are unanswered. I think that creates a skepticism that is hard to comprehend.

The power of prayer works miracles but miracles are few and far between. I think we all expect or desire a miracle but that is one of the mysteries we will only have answered when we go home to the father. Why some prayers are answered and not others. That is why that call it faith.

Thank-you for your post and I will check it out,sounds fascinating!

Many blessings.. Michele

Dec 24, 2008, 07:34 PM

How about third party verification? I can show you two mris easy. This could be faked very easily. Like I said if I was the one claiming this I don't think you would be so quick to believe.

Dec 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    How about third party verification? I can show you two mris easy. This could be faked very easily. Like I said if I was the one claiming this I don't think you would be so quick to believe.
    So you think the reporter at KLTV didn't bother to verify what was going to be reported?

Miracles are called that because they don't happen every day.

Whatever you believe will not affect what Kayla, her family, and her church know. I posted this as a testimony.

I know some will never believe no matter how much evidence there is. Others will find reason to believe for what they need.

And, oh yeah! When I hear an Atheist claim that Jesus Christ performed a miracle in answer to prayer, you can well know that I am going to believe that!

Dec 27, 2008, 08:06 AM
    [QUOTE=Galveston1;1448998]So you think the reporter at KLTV didn't bother to verify what was going to be reported?
    QUOTE]

Frankly no, KLTV doesn't exactly have a worldwide reputation. The reporter could be just as biased as you are and she offers very little in the way of facts in the article to prove her case. No second opinions from doctors. No interview with even the first doctor. No prove the doctor in question even exists. Why do you think the reporter missed those very important parts in her article?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 01:33 PM

The place in Tyler needs to have their MRI machine checked out.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 3, 2009, 06:51 PM

Kayla knows; her headaches are gone.

Kayla's mother knows; her daughter doesn't need neurosurgery.

The doctor in Dallas knows; he saw the MRI's.

There will never be enough proof for those who cling to their unbelief.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jan 4, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Everyone should read this account of the healing of 11 year old Kayla Knight. A brain tumor that involved about one-fourth of her brain disappeared in answer to prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. Believers will be excited about it. Unbelievers will find their unbelief challenged.
    Unbelievers will find their unbelief challenged? Not really!!

So something happened that saved Kayla Knight. Note : I am happy for her, sure !

But where is the OSE that it really was the praying that saved her?
    That we do not know precisely what happened does not mean that it was the praying that was the cause of her medical change!!
    So : where is the OSE??

:)

galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 4, 2009, 03:06 PM

One day, Cred, that OSE is going to bite you on the butt.
    -

Jan 4, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    One day, Cred, that OSE is going to bite you on the butt.
    You can state that, but is it true?? I see no OSE what-so-ever.

All I see here is what you BELIEVE Galv!!

Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 03:58 PM

Wish that same almighty God answered my Aunty's prayers as she wasted away with bone cancer.
    It might be a good thing if Christians actually rejected medical treatment and relied on prayer. The health system wouldn't be in such a dire predicament. Gee it would be easy for the rest of us to get into see the doc.
    -

Jan 8, 2009, 04:13 PM
    Hello Skell

You know the obvious fundamentalist Christian reply to that :
    It was "God's" will for your aunt to die that way , and "God's ways are inscrutable"...

Maybe fundamental Christians should head your suggestion, and leave it indeed to their "God".
    Personally I favor good medical treatment, and if that fails the means for self-euthanasia.

Good point !

Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 07:13 PM

Yeah I've heard it all before Cred. Its just clutching at straws to try and explain the non existent that controls their lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dj taucher/tauber- miracle ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there , Dance music has always fascinated me.Im totally into electronic/clubmusic right from the year 1997 . Coming to the point - way back in the year 1999 I saw the video for this track called 'Miracle' on a music channel and I really liked it.It was a typical eurodance cheese flavoured...

Miracle Grow? [ 5 Answers ]

My flowers do not seem to be doing very well. I thought I try feeding them with Miracle Grow plant food, but they do not look any better - they look worse actually. I put less then the recommended amount in the water, but they are still turning brown and yucky looking. Any suggestions? Petunias,...

Can it really be possible by some miracle? [ 2 Answers ]

:( OK, I'm very tired of my friend saying I'm pregnant just because I'm a week late for my period... I HAVE NOT had sex but I did get fingered and my friend keeps saying he could have had sperm under his finger nails in case he was jerking off before I came to see him... I really don't believe her,...

HoneyWell Thermostat Miracle [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a home that was built back in the 1960s. I am thinking this furnace is probably the original (LOL) My wife and I decided to re-texture and repaint the walls in our living room just two weekends ago. After painting the walls white, that gold colored thermostat stood out like a soar...

View more questions Search