Dec 22, 2008, 08:00 PM

Walk 1 mile every day
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Dec 22, 2008, 08:02 PM

First eat a hearty breakfast then walk that mile
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 22, 2008, 08:04 PM

30 pounds in 2 months? I don't think you can if you want to do it healthily!

Talk to your doctor about a weight loss program. That weight didn't come on overnight, and it won't come off overnight either.

Exercise and healthy eating is a start though. :)
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 08:41 PM

Just stop eating junk food and shrink your food portions and exercise too... easier said then done thou
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 08:59 PM
    30 lbs is about 105000 calories needed to be burned in excess... so that's 1750 calories every day you'd need to burn... calories burned while walking depends on gender and weight... but really... there's no way on this earth you will lose that much weight with no other changes than a mile walk (about 15-20 minutes of exercise)... most tables that list walking and calories burned per HOUR of work puts calories burned less than 400, but lets be generous...

If you assumed 400 cal/hr that would mean you'd need to walk more than 4 hours a day, every day...

A mile a day walked, alone, will not get you that much weight that fast.

That said... a mile a day is a good start to getting you moving if you haven't been exercising. Then push it out to two miles and then beyond... but you'd need a little time for your body to get used to the workout.

In the meantime, address your diet. When are you eating? What are you eating? Portions?

A combination of reasonable, sustainable changes in diet coupled with regular, daily exercise (preferably different kinds of exercise, cross training) can get you on your way.

Would it not be worth it if you only lost 10-15 lbs in that time? You'd be two months into an exercise plan, your body would be primed to keep things moving, and I think that's a great reason to start the journey now.

A friend who has struggled with weight for a number of years (24 years old) has had great success using weight watchers and exercise. She looks fantastic.

Studies have shown that those who use journals to document their workouts and their diets on a daily basis lost twice the weight of others... it's that discipline thing... keeping yourself on a schedule and honest.

So... not knocking the one mile walk for starters, but a 15-20 min walk just doesn't make the needed caloric burn for this kind of weight loss.

Mix it up. Have you jumped rope lately? It is killer. A great calorie burner. Low cost equipment. You can do it in your own home. Seriously try to do that for 5 minutes straight. Its evil.

So there's a lot to do and consider. I think its great to consider shedding excess pounds. The way to get there is to be deliberate about it... having a diverse exercise plan that keeps your body confused and gives time for proper healing, while addressing your diet and making useful, sustainable changes that will help you lose and keep the weight off.
    migdig87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jewellxoxo View Post
    how do i lose 30 pounds in 2 months
    You lose 30 pound in 2mouth cause you eat well did good exercise that is how you lose height
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 22, 2008, 09:12 PM

Like Altenwe said, the weight didn't come over night and it won't leave over night! 30 lbs in 2 months is a lot for an average person. Fighters use different methods to do so by colanics, sweat bags, perfect nutritional diet, but for an average human being without any training this is not recommended and to be honest, I wouldn't try it.

All I can say is 30 lbs is a long shot, lose what you can though if you can only lose 15 that's still something! Don't let these posts brings you down or steer you in wrong directions. Consult a physician/nutritionist
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 07:48 AM

The other consideration is what % of her weight is 30 pounds? Going from 300 to 270 in 2 months is a lot easier than 150 to 120.
    pinkytweak16 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 01:26 AM

You know what just give it your best shot just don't dissappoint yourself but I believe you can loose weight just keep your mind off it and I suggest getting the wii fit cause its awesome and good for you lol good luck
    morrison_33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 02:24 PM
    I used to weigh 220 I'm 6"5... people always say that o its not possible... im proof that it is.. the only thing you have to do is eat 2 times a day and run on a treadmill for 30 minutes and do crunches and hit a punching bag or run regualry for a half hour.. everyday I get up and I eat a cereal bar... run for 10 minutes on the treadmill... do 100 crunches 4 times a day... and then maybe a hour bvefore you go to bed run for 30 minutes with a hoodie on.. seriously I went from 220 to about 189 in about 8-9 weeks... its unbeleivebly hard but its worth it..! seriously do it!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need to lose 40 pounds [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 40 pounds larger than I was before I had my baby what is a quick and easy way to get back to the size I was?

How do I lose 50 pounds [ 14 Answers ]

I really need to lose 50 pounds in 2 months, could someone please tell me some good ways to lose weight fast?:confused:

Want to lose 30 pounds in 1 to 2 months [ 11 Answers ]

How is this possible I want to go back to school a new person and I really want to get this weight off :confused:

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

How do I lose 40 pounds in 2 months [ 17 Answers ]

How to lose 40 pounds in 2 months

View more questions Search