Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyd1950 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 10:54 AM
    On off valve in shower and tub
    In our bathroom, our hot and cold water were both frozen, in the tub shower on off pipes. Thawed them both out, and now the hot water works but the cold does not even come out. How do I fix this problem?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2008, 11:24 PM

Is the piping old galvanized? If so, you got to replace pipe and get the rust build-up out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck middle valve - 3 handle shower valve [ 3 Answers ]

Help and suggestions!! The middle handle, used to divert water from the tub spout to shower head is stuck in the 'tub' position. I have removed the handle and trim bezel and tried to turn the shaft with pliers - no luck & quit before marring the splines on the brass shaft. What now??

Shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

We have a shower that has Delta trim in it and we were thinking about changing it to a kohler shower trim. My wife said that in order for the kohler trim to work we need to change out the shower valve. Is this true?

Shower valve [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I recently installed a bath tub in my basement. I installed ½” tee’s into the already existing ½” pex that was in the house for the hot and cold water and ran them over to the water valve via ½ pex since that’s what was used for everything else in the house. My problem is that there is a...

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Shower valve [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Moentrol single lever shower valve and only hot water is working. No cold water. The valve is 19 years old. What can be done short of replacing the valve?

View more questions Search