Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diltron22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Bad conduct discharge
    My son received a bad conduct discharge after 2 years. Does he have any benefits or rights?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diltron22 View Post
    My son received a bad conduct discharge after 2 years. Does he have any benefits or rights?

What kind of benefits or rights are you talking about? Veterans benefits? No.
    diltron22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Medical benefits for a compound fracture that occurred in the army.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diltron22 View Post
    medical benefits for a compound fracture that occured in the army.

If it's service related - and he can prove that - it should be covered. The only way to know for sure is to contact the VA.

When a person is dishonorably discharged they sometimes "sign off" in order to avoid being criminally prosecuted. Did he do that?

(My best friend works for the VA.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad conduct discharge [ 11 Answers ]

Is there any sight that tells a persons rights or lack there of ,after a bad conduct discharge,I got it when I was 19 ,admitted I was wrong and it was either admit it or they were going to fry me,id rather be free and a failure than locked up ,at that time. That was 17 years ago,Ive tried to get...

Dishonorable discharge vs. Bad conduct discharge [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently waiting a court marial and right now if I plea out the offer is 33 months with a BCD. I could get a lower sentence if I take the DD, is it worth it? I still have to register as a sex offender when I get out. If anyone has any info or knows anyone with a similar case, it would gladly...

Bad conduct discharge [ 13 Answers ]

I received a bad conduct discharge from the Navy 15 years ago for AWOL, I served 6 months in the Brig, was reduced from E4 to E1, and loss of all benefits, can I have that upgraded in any way or get any benefits or shall I have to live with that mistake for the rest of my life. I didn't do drugs...

Bad Conduct Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

If a person is released from the military under a Bad Consuct Discharge, can that person vote in a Presidential Election?

Bad Conduct discharge [ 1 Answers ]

End

View more questions Search