Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gailm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 02:10 AM
    Unfair work practise
    I have been mislead, by my company I was firstly declined unpaid leave over December, my manager told me she will see what she can sort out for me, all of a sudden she is on leave and everything has been declined, I now have no one to watch my daughter, DO I JUST TAKE THE 3 DAYS
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Hello gail:

It IS unfair, and your manager sucks. Sure, take the 3 days. But, don't expect to have a job anymore. They don't have to be fair.

excon
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Dec 22, 2008, 06:33 AM

"Fair" is where the hogs go in the fall where they can win first prize and then be sent to the slaughterhouse. Unfortunately nothing in life is fair. Excon is right, if you take those three days you'll most likely be fired. You can approach your bosses boss and explain your situation and what she said she would do and see if you can work out a deal of some sort. This isn't a good time economically to risk losing your job. Good luck finding someone to watch your daughter, the high school kids are out of school right now, maybe you could find one looking to make a little extra money.
    Ber
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 10:30 AM

From what I've read, you asked for vacation time and were declined. I'm not sure how this falls into unfair practice, as I've never heard of a company being required to give someone time off, but maybe there's more to the story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfair work practices [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone answer this question? I was hurt at work 2 yrs ago went through 2 surgeries and some other treatments and I got better but not good enough to return to my job. Here is the problem I was working light duty doing what doctor allowed me to do Then at my last appointment with the doctor he...

Why be unfair? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend named Carla and Cynthia and they are going out and both of them love each other very much! But, The Cynthia's mom does not approve of that and does not want my friend Carla to go out with her daughter. If she does see her around with her daughter that she would get her...

Unfair work practices [ 2 Answers ]

I have worked at the same company for more than 2 years,In that time, I have changed to supervisor off the plant. I started as a shipper/receiver.I voluntarily moved back to shipping in Feb. with several things promised to me that was never followed through with.They told me I was moving back to...

I know it's unfair [ 2 Answers ]

So I am very insecure and sometimes I feel bad about how I overreact to things in my relationship. Sometimes I really wonder if I'm overreacting or not. I live with my boyfriend and I don't know why I really don't trust him, but does anybody out there know of some ways that he can help me gain his...

View more questions Search