Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missmollydolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Missing male kitten
    My 6 month old male kitten, Pepper, has just started into heat and has gone missing. It is very cold here in the country. With lots of hiding places, I wondered how I may go about finding him and if there is a possibility that he will find his own way home?
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Dec 21, 2008, 05:14 PM

A male going into heat?? The females go into heat but, the your male cat might have "found a female in heat" .
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 10:38 PM

Tuna fish. Put it outside, he'll smell it a mile away. Of course other animals will also be attracted to the free food.
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2008, 11:23 PM

Any sign of him yet?
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Dec 26, 2008, 06:51 AM

If he's not neutered, the chances of him returning are nil-he'll go with his hormones, ALWAYS. That's why spaying and neutering are so important at 6 months of age. Unfortunately, these guys' luck isn't so great out on their own because with the hormones kicking, they are not paying attention to the dangers that surround them-predators, cars, etc. If he does come back, nip things in the bud quickly-if you catch my drift!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Male - Male fantasies [ 17 Answers ]

I was just wanting to get this out there to see if anybody might be able to help me gather some information just for my own knowledge. I have always been curious to find out how many other heterosexual males thought about experiences with other men. I am not homosexual but these thoughts have...

My Male Kitten [ 3 Answers ]

I have never had a male cat before, all mine have been females... Max is about 8months old, he has been fixed and declawed... Why is he starting to spay? I always heard they didn't do this if they have been fixed at a young age. Is there any thing I can do to stop him from doing this? Thank you:mad:

Will my older kitten ever be nice to my new kitten? [ 5 Answers ]

I have never had cats before. I adopted a male neutered kitten who is now 11 weeks old. Today, I adopted a 7 week old male neutered kitten, as a companion. I didn't realize the size difference would be so great until I got my new kitten home. 4lbs vs. 1.2lbs. My older cat seems to want to play, but...

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

Male cat "mothering" new kitten [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got a new female kitten (7 weeks) and I was worried how our 3 years old intact male would treat her. The strange thing is, after the first day (which seemed normal, hissing and fighting) the fighting turned into playing, and now my male cat is grooming her and trying to grab her by...

View more questions Search