Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ameso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Avg download
    Downloaded AVG and it shows up in "my documents" but it will not open. Aj.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 05:13 PM

Where did you download this from, what type of file is it?
    ameso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2008, 10:16 AM
    I downloaded AVG from Cnet.com aj.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Perhaps the download was not complete. Do you have two icons there that relate to AVG?

Try it again: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

Personally I use this one: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
    certified_tech Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 12:10 AM

While having AVG is better than nothing, it is a weak antivirus and there are many better ones out there.

There are a few possibilities. First, reboot and try to open it. If that fails, redownload and try to open it. The original download may have been corrupt. If that also fails, you may have a virus that is preventing it from opening properly.

To get around this problem, download Avira AntiVir Rescue System CD, and burn it to a CD (the software to do this is included in the download). Reboot the computer to run this disk, and it will remove the virus bot that is preventing AVG from opening.

Avira AntiVir is a much better virus program than AVG, and is free.

Unfortunately, you will always be most secure with paid antivirus software :(
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 04:30 AM

Go to some secure sites and download from their and try to install again.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 04:26 AM

Hi,
    Might be download was not complete so please go throug this link(AVG Free - Download installation files & documentation) and download Avg completely then install on your computer after compliting the installation please update Avg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't download anything! [ 11 Answers ]

I have windows vista and Yahoo and I can't download anything! All I can download off is realarcade, but I want to download from Google and other places, too. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! ALSO IF THIS HELPS: ONCE A DOWNLOAD IS FINISHED, THEN IT JUST GOES AWAY, AND NOTHING HAPPENS!!

PDF download [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell Inspriron E1705 running XP, I'm hooked up to ATT's DSL. Every time I try to download a PDF document, after a long pause, I get an error message stating that a problem has been encountered and the browser needs to close. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks

Where can I download? [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I download english songs for free{complete songs}

Might need download [ 2 Answers ]

Got a good answer saved the day... thanks

How to download [ 18 Answers ]

Hi , We find few music album sites, wherein we can just play the music online. What needs to be done if we want to download the music and save them into our local drive. I tried doing that, but always end up with saving as "Html" or "Real Player Presentation" format and cannot be played...

View more questions Search