Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jinglehimer7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 10:06 AM
    duct work
    I'm installing a 2 ton goodman heat pump the house is 1000 sq feet,the duct work is flexible, 25 ft. long by 10 in. the R Value is 6. Is there anything wrong with the duct work I'm using.( to big, to small, wrong R Value, or does it matter.) North Carolina. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Do a manual J for equipment size. Then do a manual D for correct duct size and placement.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Dec 21, 2008, 12:56 PM

Are you doing the install yourself?
    Are you a licensed, qualified technician?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duct work [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 ton heat pump,will 10 inch duct work be to big or small or does it matter. Thanks Jinglehimer.

Adding return duct work [ 2 Answers ]

If I add return duct work to a forced air system does the furnace require adjustment? Not all of the return duct work was in place. When I gutted the basement and removed ceiling drywall, the sheet metal lining running opposite to the floor joists was up, but the previous owner decided to strap...

Rat in duct work how do I remove? [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I finally saw what I have been hearing in my crawl space... a rat. I haven't seen any others but may be another. It has pulled off the flex duct on my return and is running around inside the duct! Any suggestions? I placed a humane trap in the crawl space with peanut butter and bread......

Duct work for ehaust fan [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going to install an ehaust fan in my bathroom that requires venting through the attic. Can I run the vent close to my attic fan opening with a hood attchment on the end of the duct rather than throught the roof or out the side of the house. I noticed that galvinized duct is cheaper than...

View more questions Search