Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    THEPUNISHER Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 05:30 AM
    How to reduce my power?
    My power is -1.50.. is there any method by which I can reduce it by exercises or food
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 06:21 AM

Use task oriented glasses and constantly change your focus daily will prevent things from getting worse and MAY improve things.

"task oriented" might mean special "computer glasses" where the focal point is adjusted to where you normally work. It can also mean a pair which has a "high-bifocal".
    You would have to "look up" to use the distance correction.
    These would be very annoying to drive with.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 21, 2008, 09:03 AM

First and foremost, go see your eye doctor to find the method that will work best for you.

Vision Therapy helps A lot of people.
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Dec 30, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by THEPUNISHER View Post
    my power is -1.50 ..is there any method by which i can reduce it by exercises or food
    Follow these things regularly,
    1. Eat carrot, it has vitamin A which reduces eye power.
    2. clean you eyes by splashing water (softly) to your eyes. Its cleans your eyes and gives them freshness.
    3. Drink lots of water, around 4 to 5 liters everyday.
    4. Get your eyes regularly checked up, just in your power changes so, in that case you need a new pair of glass.
    5. Don't read or watch television in dim light.
    6. If you are reading or watching television, then are supposed to be sitting on chair or sofa, please don't lay down.
    Vision Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shatriya View Post
    Follow these things regularly,
    1. Eat carrot, it has vitamin A which reduces eye power.
    2. clean you eyes by splashing water (softly) to your eyes. Its cleans your eyes and gives them freshness.
    3. Drink lots of water, around 4 to 5 liters everyday.
    4. Get your eyes regularly checked up, just in your power changes so, in that case you need a new pair of glass.
    5. Don't read or watch television in dim light.
    6. If you are reading or watching television, then are supposed to be sitting on chair or sofa, please don't lay down.
    All very good advice, but none that has been proven to reverse myopia.
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Jan 1, 2009, 12:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    It helped me. I've got myopia from my 2nd grade in school. My power was -3.5 and it has reduced to -2.0
    Vision Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma

It helped me. I've got myopia from my 2nd grade in school. My power was -3.5 and it has reduced to -2.0

Please pay attention to the bold.
    jiffychow Posts: 4, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2009, 01:21 PM

Your power reduced because your eye was still going through changes when you were 7 years old.. the powers sometimes get worse with age and sometimes gets better with age.. your eyes don't stabilize till your around 20 years of age.. but it was great you ate your carrots... and points 4 and 5 is really good advice...
    tywenn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 03:37 AM
    My power is 2.0 and 2.75.. I want to decrease my eye power..
    But I don't like to eat carrots :(
    How long does it take to decrease?
    Vision Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 06:44 PM

Please read the answers to this post before asking a question that has already been answered.

This thread is also very outdated and the OP hasn't returned.

CLOSED

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Chevy Tahoe Passenger Power Windows and Both Power Seats not Working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe. The passenger side windows stopped working and both passenger and driver power seats stopped working. All of this happened at the same time. I saw this same problem posted by another user back in January but I didn't see a clear answer. Does anybody know how to fix...

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

92-92 civic no power to the fuel pump and no power or spark to the distributor [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 92-95 civic si. I am not getting any power to the fuel pump and no spark to the distributor. I have check all my sensors and have replaced the distributor. Checked the continuity to the distributor and all checks out good. I also have checked all grounds and all checked out all so....

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

View more questions Search