Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lady Lori Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 03:41 AM
    I have received messages from my husband after he died, has anyone else
    Hello
    My husband died just this last October 31 2008 He died from cancer.He told me a week before he died that when he dies that I must remember that he loved me,so when times got hard for me and I felt that I was not going to be able to go, on close my eyes and remember this he said ,I love you,I love you.After he died ( six hours after he died) I heard in my left earn in the loudest (whissssper) I have ever hear ( I LOVE YOUUUUUUU ) .
    The night was long I was crying in our bed and I was crying hard I said out loud call my name greg please call my name,The next night at the same time I heard him the night before, I heard him again say, Lori,Lori again in a loud (whissssper). My question is is there any one out here that has had anything like this happen to them I know what I heard. I know that I am okay. I want to know that I am not alone in the matter of hearing from the other side.Anything you have heard. Can you share it with me?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2008, 05:31 AM

I have heard of many different ways of loved ones that have passed on contacting them, so yes I believe it is possible and does happen.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 03:52 PM

I believe that its possible as well... my grandma has told me that my grandpa has 'visited' her several times. Once she saw him in her bedroom, and he told her "hehe you think i'm joking with you don't you?" If she dreamed it or if its happened is debatable, but I believe it really was him! So its not impossible.

I'm really sorry for your loss though!! :(
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 25, 2008, 05:06 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss Lori. :( I think it's absolutely possible that he has been whispering in your ear. Keep talking to him.

The day of my grandmothers funeral, my sister and I went home to her house. We decided we needed a drink. My sister went into the liquor cupboard that was high up. She opened up the door, and both of us saw a whole bunch of sparkles (like glitter) fall from the cabinet. My sister said, who the heck put sparkles in here? We looked down onto the floor, and there were no sparkles anywhere! I swear we both saw them. The only thing we could think of, was grandma sent them. That night when I went home, I was getting ready for bed, when I started to smell a really strong scent of the rose perfume, which was her favourite, and I used to buy her a bottle of it for Christmas every year, and I felt like someone was stroking my hair.

She died 10 yrs. Ago, and to this day, every once in awhile... especially when I'm stressed out... I will smell the rose perfume out of nowhere.

Keep on talking to Greg. I'm sure he is listening. :)

Merry Christmas!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 01:31 PM

My mother and I sort of talked about this situation jokingly (contacting after death). My mom never spoke to me for a few weeks before she died, I don't think she could verbalize very well. It bothered me for a long time, there was a lot of doubt, and mixed feelings on my part thinking that maybe she could have spoken to me.

I have had dreams, one in particular where we embraced and kissed and when I woke up the next day I felt relief, happiness just as if she had said everything was okay with her and I.

So, yes, although nothing in the conventional way as in wall tappings, pics falling of the table of a loved one. I like my dream a lot better then any means I could ever think of.

Ms tickle
    jeepgrl015 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Well, there have been several occasions where I have heard my name called. I have never met my grandmother, but when my mom and I were sitting watching television, we both heard my name called and I said, "see, thats whats been calling me" my mom started crying and said that it was my grandma.

My dad also passed this past July and when we were at the funeral home for his wake, we were all around his body holding hands and praying and something made me look up and look over my shoulder and I saw my dad with his arms crossed sitting in one of the chairs looking at everything. I can't tell if he's upset or what but I feel my dad at times.

My advice to you is look for signs. For example, I was in the car and I was really scared and thought that if he was out there somewhere, he would be watching me and when I turned the radio on the song, "Ill be watching you" came on by the police... I started to cry and ever since then, I have watched for small signs.
    Libbytee Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 03:10 PM
    My husband passed away on Jan 2, of this year from lung cancer and yes some very strange things have occurred.
    1. Exactly 30 days (02/02/09) @ the exact time that he passed away, my cell phone called itself (that one I would like to have an answer for) an no I didn't answer it. And there was a voicemail with nothing but static. And when I tried to find out what # it came from, there was no number associated with the call. My voicemail said "No available information" Tmobile says that is impossible, that their voicemail never picks up static. They also said they had never heard of a cell phone calling itself and it was really strange. 2. Sitting at my desk about two weeks ago, I heard him whisper in my left ear "hey" and felt someone behind me, turned around and no one was there.

So yes I really believe it is possible that they try and contact their loved ones. I am sure they miss us as much as we miss them.

Keep talking with your husband, I do mine.
    pixie311 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 10:08 PM
    Hey Lori... I'm new on this site... yes I do hear my husband a lot... the first time was at his funeral... he was a police officer and they did what you say is his last call... well he answered and everyone ,(and there were a lot of people) heard his voice... He promised me if he ever passed before me that he would come back if therre e was something after death so that I wouldn't be afraid... and he kept his promise... So many things have happened... they are always with us... they will never leave their loved ones behind without watching out for us... take care... Pixie311:):):God Bless
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 3, 2009, 03:50 AM

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. I've had many things happen, that have proven to me that they are still here with us, and watching out for us.

I have a dear friend on this site, that was (and still is, a yr. later) there for me at just the moment I needed her. I know someone whispered in her ear, that I needed her. She has terminal cancer, yet gives so much of her time to help out others here with their problems.

Although she is often in much pain, she always knows the exact time to get in touch with me. We have a connection that many times almost freaks me out.

I think if you pay attention to the little things, you will see that the people that you may not think are here anymore, are actually sending you signs to show you that they are, and that they come in all forms.
    StarCrossedUK Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 09:07 PM

I've not heard any whispering or voices as such but since my mum died last year a few spooky things have happened.

The day she actually died we were sat in a Starbucks in Brighton, it was a beautiful summer's day and my whole family were there, sat... wallowing in our grief when all of a sudden I noticed my youngest niece was playing with this purple flower.

Now it wouldn't seem strange but this flower doesn't even grow in the UK, it was one of my mum's favourite flowers that she used to have all over the place when she and my dad had lived in Bangkok. I asked her where she got it and she said that it blew in and up onto the table.

Since then I've become utterly convinced that she is controlling the grandmother clock in our hallway. The entire time I have been alive (all 24 years) this clock has never worked. At all. Then after my dad moved into this new flat and brought her ashes home, it just started working. But the thing that amuses me so much is that it has it's own personality now.

My dad started seeing (romantically) my godmother, I wasn't particularly pleased about this as she and my mum had fallen out ten years beforehand and had never made up. She had made it clear that should my mum die she would move in. Anytime she would come around the clock would go berserk and, in particular, liked to announce that it was 13 o'clock every quarter of an hour.

If I leave the house it stops and won't start again until I return and if all the family is around it dongs throughout the night (it's on a 12 hour chime so shouldn't chime at night) almost to say "I'm here!"

We've actually put my mother's ashes in the clock until we decide we are ready to scatter them. It seems silly to attach so much feeling to an inanimate object but it's nice to believe that she's still around... even if it's in such an odd way. :)

Mar 3, 2009, 09:35 PM
    THAT IS INCREDIBLE... I HAVE SO MANY STORIES... PICTURES AND EVP'S.MY HUSBAND AND I were so close... but now I know that he is still with me and our two girls.Your Mum is getting her energy from the clock... She will never leave you... pixie311:)
    serenitylynn Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2009, 08:30 PM

When I started the relationship I am in my mother came to me in a dream and told me that she was happy for me. It felt too real not to be her. Also after my dad passed he came to one of my sisters in a dream. He was wearing the suit that he was buried in and he told her that he was okay. I strongly believe that our loved ones communicate with us after they pass whether it is as simple as something being moved or as complex as a whisper or a dream. It's their way of letting us know they are still with us.

Mar 4, 2009, 08:54 PM
    I know for a fact now that they never really leave us... I have so many recordings of my husbands voice... love crosses all barriers... remember the greatest of these is love.. God would never give us and then let it just go away pixie311:)
    kms7194 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 01:43 PM

I believe our loved ones can contact us, in a variety of way.

A few day after my aunt died, she came to me in my dreams. She said to me "Kaili, I want you to know that I didn't want to leave, and I definatley didn't want to go that way. But I love and miss you very much. Tell you mom that I love and miss her too, and that I'm sorry we never had the chance to make up. I have to go back to heaven now, but don't be scared".. then she left.

It's given me a lot of comfort over the past year and a half since she has been gone.

May 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Hello Kms... You are lucky.She just wants u to know that it was God's choice for her to go and that u are open to her communication... she will always be around you.:) Pixie311
    Typeway Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Hello Lady Lori,

My sympathies on losing your husband. I also lost my husband to cancer and can honestly feel the pain you are struggling with. I do believe the experiences you had were true and real. They are hard to explain but YOU know what you have felt and heard.

After my husband Bob was gone I noticed unexplained things happening around the house. I came home one night about four months after his death to an empty house (except for my cat) and found a straw basket that he used to store hummingbird food in just setting in the middle of my kitchen floor. It had been stored in a kitchen cabinet behind several other items that would have had to been physically moved to get it out... and I know my cat could not have done that. The cabinet door was not left open. There was absolutely no explanation for how this happened, but I took it to mean that Bob wanted to make sure I fed the birds.

Another incident I had was after having a very very vivid dream of Bob one night (i.e. touching, talking, smiling, etc.) I woke up and said to myself "Bob, you came to see me" and when I got out of bed in the morning I found several grease marks on the carpet at the foot of my bed that were not there the night before, and there was no way I could have made those marks. He used to be a construction worker and I would always tell him to take his boots off before he walked through the house because of the dirt and grease. It was so surreal.

There have been several incidents over the past couple years, but these were only a few examples in regards to your question. I'm sure you cherish any dream, voice, or contact with your husband in what ever manner it comes to you. When I leave Bob's grave, after telling him how much I love and miss him I always say "come and see me" because I know he will in one form or another.
    lolley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 12:57 PM
    After my Dad died my Mum said she heard him often whisper goodnight or good morning. Ive got my Dad's cardigan at my home and last week I put it on for the first time as I was chilly, all of a sudden a white feather just fell from it I had been "talking" to my Dad earlier and asked him to let me know he was around. Also when there is any special Anniversary, Birthdays etc a special song I have will be played on the radio. I truly believe my Dad is around and being there for us all.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2010, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lolley View Post
    After my Dad died my Mum said she heard him often whisper goodnight or good morning. Ive got my Dad's cardigan at my home and last week I put it on for the first time as I was chilly, all of a sudden a white feather just fell from it I had been "talking" to my Dad earlier and asked him to let me know he was around. Also when there is any special Anniversary, Birthdays etc a special song I have will be played on the radio. I truly believe my Dad is around and being there for us all.
    This is a very old thread.
    EllieG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Dear Lori,
    I heard him say my name next night, and I woke up. I see him often in my dreams, and he laughs, and so alive. I miss him so much, and it's been hard. He told me the same: he loved me "I love you, I love you" before that last time he could talk, and not to be afraid of him when he comes to me. I look forward to seeing him all the time. I believe that he is here, sometimes he is not. I know I am not crazy, but I guess we want to believe, otherwise it is so hard, and feels like being hit in your stomach and can't breathe. I also have a message on my phone - just static. I keep saving it. I feel it is him. Thank you all for sharing your stories, it makes me feel not crazy. It's been only 9 weeks, and I miss him all the time. How do you go on? We have done everything together, even groceries.
    kathryn915 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2011, 03:05 PM
    Yes, I have had so many experiences. My common law husband died at 52 years old. He comes to me in the dark of night and tugs on my covers. It is not a mild tug it is a clear and defined pull and we can actually communicate for up to 10 min. I ask questions and he answers by pulling on the covers. A yes, is a pull. I have also seen him go past me as a dark shadow that moves very fast and I have heard him clearly say my name, tap on windows and my TV set many times. He also has poked me. It is not my imagination & SO many other things have happened aside from those mentioned. I have always been clairvoyant and have seen signs from others that have passed but nothing like this. We loved one another deeply & the wrenching apart was a tremendous loss and horrid pain. He knew how I felt about the afterlife - that energy never dies; it simply changes form; that we move into another diminsion depending on the energy we take with us. Negative to negative. Positive to positive. He was a powerful man in spirit & determination and I think with his strength and his knowledge of my clairvoyance we have found a way to communicate. I will say though that as time goes by he comes to me less & less. I think it is harder for him to come back as time moves on : ( . I wish I could communicate even further with him but I am fearful of a medium as I have no idea who is truly spiritual and good. I fear he is caught between two worlds as I can see him not wanting to leave me and he died very unexpectadly from negligence after an operation. The thing that dispels that however is that when he comes to me at night a small soft white light opens above the bed and disappears when he leaves. It seems a light would indicate he is coming to me from a good place and also all the things that he does are so positive. The other day for ex I was wondering if I had dry cleaning to be picked up and that day when I got in my car - my dry cleaning receipts AND his memorial card were on the passenger seat! Things like that go on and on. I could use some help or answers if anyone has any. Needless to say, I am sure most will think I in need of a shrink but I assure you - that is not the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Martin died feb 23 I died feb 23 [ 12 Answers ]

My soulmate my life my smile was taken from me feb 23 after 3 weeks in intensive care . He waited for me I got goodbye but it doesn't make it easier. He was 45 he would have been 46 4 days after he died . People say times a healer but at the moment I find every day gets harder and lonlier still...

Husband died [ 3 Answers ]

My husband recently died and my step son says every thing but three acres is his there was no will and just right before he died my husband and I gave him three acres for his inhertance now he wants it all what can I do

Sent 0 and received 0 [ 1 Answers ]

My nic card status always shows sent 0 and received 0. same thing also for external nic also. I formatted my system then my system was OK. After two days again the same problem. Is there any software problem, please get me solution as fast as you can Thanq

I have not received my w-2s [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do ,I have not received my tax papers in the mail from one of my jobs

My Husband Died Can I File His Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

:( hello my husband drove truck and i didn't work much this year because i rode with him a lot but he was killed in his truck a few months ago last year we filed together can i file the taxes this year?:confused:

View more questions Search