Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
    How do you see this Prophesy?
    Haggai 1:3-11
    So the Lord sent this message through the prophet Haggai: Why are you living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins" This is what the Lord Almighty says: Consider how things are going for you! You have planted much but harvested little. You have food to eat, but not enough to fill you up. You have winee to drink, but not enough to satisfy your thirst. You have clothes to wear, but not enough to keep warm. Your wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes!
    This is what the Lord Almighty says: Consider how things are going for you! Now go up into the hills, bring down timber and rebuild my house. Then I will take pleasure in it and be honored says the Lord. You hoped for rich harvests, but they were poor. And when you brought your harvest home I blew it away. Why? Because my house lies in ruin, says the Lord Almighty, while you are busy building your own fine houses. That is why the heavens have withheld the dew and the earth has withheld it's crops. I have called for a drought on your fields and hills-a drought to wither the grain and grapes and olives and all your other crops, a drought to starve both you and your cattle and to ruin everything you have worked so hard to get.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 11:41 AM

To me it is saying that when we try and do things in our own efforts instead of giving it over to God we do not prosper as much as we could if we turn our efforts over to God. If you continue in YOUR way it will only get worse.
    Cast your cares on God. Lay your burden down.

YouTube - Newsboys - Million Pieces (Live World Pulse 2003)
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Dec 20, 2008, 01:42 PM

Using that analogy, it means that instead of taking personal responsibility for anything, give the responsibility to God. Most Born Again Christioans do that. Let God take responsibility (BLAME) and just keep doing everything as before.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 01:49 PM

No you don't give God the Blame. IF they do that then they really are not understanding God that well. It isn't about blame.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 8, 2009, 09:02 PM

Its about priorities. Keeping God first in our lives gives us peace and satisfaction. The quote from Haggai is probably where Dr Phil got that, "How's that working out for you?" When people tell him the irrational things they are doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search