Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnroc320 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Roolout/Cutout Coookies bubbling
    We use my wife's grandmothers cutout recipe to the t. We chill the dough, roll small batches, let the dough return to room temp before baking, use cooled cookie sheets etc. The problem is that bubbles form all over the finished cookies during baking. I have even tried poking holes in the dough before baking, no luck. Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2008, 03:26 PM

Ingredients used in gran's time were somewhat different and more pure.

If you list the ingredients then I can tell you what is wrong, but I suspect that you should probably cook right away and not chill. I think you will find that you won't have bubbles that way.

Let me see the recipe. I promise not to publish it !
    johnroc320 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Thanks, here is the recipe, word for word
    In large bowl, cream with mixer. 2 sticks less 2 tblsp
    Butter on each stick, cold with 2 cups granulated sugar.
    Add 2 beaten eggs mixed with 4 tblsp cold water add 2 tsp
    Pure vanilla. Sift together 4 1/2 cups gold medal flour.
    1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cream of tartar, 1/2 tsp salt.
    Add to first mixture and mix until smooth, not over beaten.
    Combine with hands and divide into 4 parts. Wrap each and
    Refridgerate overnight. Press thin and put on ungreased
    Baking sheet, bakes at 325 degrees for 8 minutes.

We made these about a year ago and they were fine. We
    Tried omitting the tartar and baking soda, and there were
    No bubble but they tasted different. As far as baking right away we are nrevous about the sticking and do not want to use too much flour. Thanks for your help
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 08:13 AM

Have you tried not pressing them out so thinly? And are you using an electric oven if so reduce the heat a little it cooks quicker than a gas one.

Other than my two suggestions its over to tickle xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enlarge a cutout in corian [ 4 Answers ]

I need to enlarge a cooktop cutout in my existing corian approximately 1/2 inch on both sides. I can't use a router because the backspash is too close. What else can I use-roto-zip, dremel? Thank you

Bubbling drains [ 3 Answers ]

What causes the water in the toilet to bubble? As well as sound from all drains?

Linoleum bubbling [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We moved into our house ~2 1/2 years ago. Last summer our linoleum in our kitchen started to bubble in areas- as if the glue had lifted and the linoleum was lifting off the floor. I am wondering if there is any way to repair this without obviously lifting the whole floor? I am new to do...

Bubbling Drains. [ 2 Answers ]

We've had this problem for a few weeks now. Every time the washer drains the kitchen sink drain, and the drains in the furthest from the laundry room bubbles. Both of our toilets bubble as well. They are on opposite sides of the mobile home. Every time the washer drains the bubbling gets worse. It...

98 honda accord random fuel cutout while driving [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 98 Honda Accord that recently will exhibit something that looks like a fuel cutout. At any speed, cruisin' along, suddenly the tach drops to <1000rpm and the car slows down, If I feed a little gas, it doesn't respond, Then as I press the accelerator further, it will jump and speed ahead....

View more questions Search