Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jweisser Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Heat pump on York furnace
    If we run the fan continually will that make the heat pump not run?
    Also, how cold does it have to be before the heat pump won't run, it's -5 right now.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 20, 2008, 11:17 AM

NO

Also, how cold does it have to be before the heat pump won't run, it's -5 right now

I would say you are somewhat below the design operating temps of most heat pumps.
    jweisser Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post

NO

Also, how cold does it have to be before the heat pump won't run, it's -5 right now

I would say you are somewhat below the design operating temps of most heat pumps.
    thanks for your help
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 20, 2008, 11:41 AM
    No problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visionpro8000 TH8320U1008 for York heat pump [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have York Stealth electric heat pump. It needs 3heat/2cool settings thermostat. I bought Honeywell Visionpro 8000 TH8320U1008 thermostat. I wired this like below- Y2-Brown L-Blue E-White RE, R (jumper together) - Red O/B - Orange

York furnace no heat [ 1 Answers ]

My York 800c affinity gas furnace is not coming on it's 6 months old. I lived in San Antonio. I have program thermostat I set for heat and nothing happen. I hear click on but no heat I wait for hour still no heat. Now my thermostat say temporary what does that mean? I check in attic and gas value...

York Heating oil furnace with pump /rth7400 [ 13 Answers ]

hello I'm glad there is a place to ask question and getting good answers I installed a rth7400 honeywell thermostat on my york furnace honeywell burner and I can't get heat out of it W \ white wire B \ clear wire Y \ yellow wire

York heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older york heat pump that a technician came out to try to repair. He said the board was bad and tried to wire it so that the out side heat pump would run to keep the House cool. Well I found out what had happened to the board (Relay was pulled away from the circuit board from the fan wire...

York heat pump changing from 70 to 72 degrees [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york heat pump and a honeywell model 8300 thermostat. I also have a electric furnace as a backup aux heat. I have the thermostat set to go to 70 at 11:30 pm then at 9:30 am to go to 72. Then heat will operate in this mater. 1 At 9:30 heat pump will start 2 About 1 min later the aux...

View more questions Search