Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Cannot play online videos
    Hi, everybody! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! My computer runs IE 7 in Windows XP. Unfortunately I have to use a dial-up connection. Since I have this computer, I have never been able to view an online video. It starts to load and then stutters along in jumps and starts! Am I doing something wrong? It's very annoying that I cannot view any videos. Any help will be appreciated.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Sorry to say but that sounds about right.
    On line videos are streamed and need to buffer, hence the stutter on the picture.
    As a minimum to view content of this type, a 1 Meg broadband connection is recommended.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Jan 1, 2009, 10:04 PM

One thing you could try would be to open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Delete Browsing History, in the next window click Delete Files, Delete Cookies, and Delete Files.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 12:13 AM

Deleting his cookies, history, pages etc... still isn't going to put him at the speed he needs to view streaming video! Sorry that wans't very helpful information, yeah it doesn't hurt to delete this stuff but for the purpose of his question it's quite pointless!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PSP won't play videos, have converted them to mp4 format. [ 2 Answers ]

It is a new PSP, so maybe something has to be activated? I have converted 3 movies to the supposed format my PSP can play, but, of course, I go to see if it worked and, "unsupported data". I am boggled! It could also be the program I am using to convert the files; Pazera Free PSP Video Converter...

Pregnancy videos online [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any pregnancy videos that I can download offline that are really good?

Is it possible to play psp games online w/o a router? [ 2 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if it was possible to play psp games in multiplayer online without a wireless router, because wireless routers are too much money for me

My videos play funny [ 2 Answers ]

When I go to play a video file that came off the internet like Yahoo music it plays with these funny colors . I mean you could see it but its like looking through heat vision goggles I need to know how to fix it:o

View more questions Search