Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    POOJAJAIN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Condensation on outside of glass on pouring chilled drink
    When we pour chilled drink in the glass or other utensil then the liquid condenses on the outside of that glass.Why this happens & from where that liquid comes ? Is that liquid water or something else ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 06:35 AM

This is moisture from the surrounding air that collects on the outside of the glass. The more humid it is outside, the quicker the moisture on the outside of the glass will form. Such as a hot, humid summer day and a cold glass of water with ice in it will form the moisture on the outside of a glass very quickly.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 09:15 AM

twinkiedooter is right. Plus the difference between the temperature of the glass and the air temperature will also determine how much water condenses. Any cold surface exposed to humid air will cause water to condense out of the air. If the surface is absorbent, like a fabric couch or a wood surface, it will absorb the water and you won't see it. But on glass or smooth metal it's really obvious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Window glass for fixed glass opening [ 3 Answers ]

Added openings to wall in studio apt. Material is wood frame stucco, with wood jambs, interior is pigmented plaster. This has an adobe look and plaster will terminate at glass with no visible moldings. Opening size is approx. 12" x 40", will bed glass in resilient glazing. What would be the choice...

The oil is pouring out the muffler [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? It's a Craftsman ridng mower with a 14.5hp Briggs & Stratton engine its 7 years old good up keep & never had a problem with it. One day I strted it and smoke & oil started to pour out the muffler.

The oil is pouring out the muffler [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A 14.5 Hp Briggs & Stratton Mower Engine That Pours Oil Out Of The Muffler Can Someone Tell Me What's Wrong With It?

View more questions Search