Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Irishbmx Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 01:12 AM
    Clavicle Pain
    I broke my clavicle on the left side coming up on almost 4 years ago, I also broke my left ankle in the same atv accident.

The problem is the first doctor didn't find the break in my ankle it was a small fracture near the joint then a week later I was in the hospital again because my ankle swelled up to almost twice it's normal size and turned funny colors the second hospital said it wasn't a sprain it was a break and put a cast on it but wouldn't allow me to have a walking cast.
    Because both breaks were on the same side using only 1 crutch wouldn't work so they gave me 2 took my sling off put a clavicle brace on it and sent me out using crutches on a broken clavicle .

So I've been in and out of doctors offices over the past few years, I'm told my clavicle never healed correctly because of the crutches, It's always been loose and tends to move around causing allot of pain I was told it needed surgery but I never had medical insurance so I haven't been able to have it done.

Lately the pain has been extremely bad, to the point if I even roll to the left side I get sharp pains when I breath in and it always feels like I can't really explain the pain but I haven't been able to sleep well and I'm always uncomfortable.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anything like this happening and if so what had to be done? The break was extremely close to breaking the skin and even now almost 4 years later it's still loose and the bone still pokes up really high. I'm sick of always living with the pain and it seems to be getting worse now it effects my life and drains all of my energy but I don't want to throw pain pills at it I'm kind of anti pain meds I wouldn't even let the hospital put me on a morphine drip when I went in.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 04:43 AM

Have you been able to work during this 4 year time?

If so, I am guessing the job 1) doesn't have insurance and 2) isn't strenuous on the broken clavicle?

Dec 20, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Have you been able to work during this 4 year time?

If so, I am guessing the job 1) doesn't have insurance and 2) isn't strenuous on the broken clavicle?
    Yea I've worked on and off right now I'm unemployed and sometimes the job is strenuous yea but no health insurance in a wile.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 10:05 AM

So what do you want to do?

Dec 20, 2008, 10:15 AM
    So what do you want to do?
    I want to know what it is I have to do to get rid of the pain or if anyone knows whhy it's causing so much pain.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 10:18 AM

Would another trip to the doctor be a good idea?

We can't see inside you.I am not trying to be a smarty pants,but how could we tell you the medical reason?

Dec 20, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Would another trip to the doctor be a good idea?

We can't see inside you.I am not trying to be a smarty pants,but how could we tell you the medical reason?

Yea I know sorry was kind of also wondering if anyone had any Ideas or if similar problems had happened before, Every time I go to a doctor it's no help they throw pain meds at me and sometimes they think I'm just trying to get pain meds, A couple have told me it needs surgery but I can't get surgery with no medical insurance for something like this can I?
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 11:26 AM

I don't know? Where do you live?Are you in the states?

There are ways and means available here in the states.

Dec 20, 2008, 11:37 AM
    I don't know? where do you live?Are you in the states?

There are ways and means available here in the states.
    Yea I'm from sacramento ca living in Kansas atm
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 11:44 AM

Has your income been over 'poverty'?

State aid might be available for you,even if you had too much income.

I know it sounds lame,but in your position,what choice do you have.being unemployed and without any med. Coverage,the state(KS) welfare office might be able to steer you n the right direction.

You know,If we(states) get that universal insurance coverage going, this wouldn't even be a situation,you'd have coverage.

Dec 20, 2008, 11:56 AM
    has your income been over 'poverty'?

State aid might be available for you,even if you had too much income.

I know it sounds lame,but in your position,what choice do you have.being unemployed and without any med. coverage,the state(KS) welfare office might be able to steer you n the right direction.

You know,If we(states) get that universal insurance coverage going, this wouldn't even be a situation,you'd have coverage.
    Yea I've never used any type of assistance not even unemployment , but yea I'm poor this year I haven't been able to find work since the beginning of the year other then temp stuff.

Universal insurance would be great but it seems everything in the US is taken advantage of and eventually loses it's value.
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 12:06 PM

Yup that's the truth too.

Talk to the state,you don't need a billion dollars(car mfgrs.)just medical to get this done so you can be a productive member of society.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

Best pain relieve for muscles pain [ 5 Answers ]

I went to a mommy baby bootcamp work out thing, and it was a lot harder then I thought it would be. I felt great afterwards, then I took a nap and woke up and my legs hurt so badly. Anyone have any way of relieving the pain, even a little bit would help. Thanks

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

View more questions Search