Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    watson77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 03:43 PM
    I have the same problem with my Honda. Were do I go to get the part Multiplexer? Thanks anything will help.
    senghle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 02:31 AM
    Can anyone take multiplex picture please because I don't know which one under the dash has a lot of stuff. My honda 98 has the problem the same all off u thank u give good answer for us.
    nmiles65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
    I am having the same problem with my 98 Honda Accord. Is the multiplex the blue box right beside the fuse panel on drivers side? Should I disconnect the radio before installing a new multiplex. Where can you get this besides Honda?

Aug 13, 2008, 02:29 AM
    If u want to buy it you can check on this web

PAM's Auto, Inc. - Elec Chas Cntrl Mod : ACCORD 98-99 Multiplex Network; passenger multiplex (right fuse box), EX

Or on eBay but I think only one company I checked already.

But I don't know how to change it too. If you want to change by yourself you can send mail to me I have some document show you how to change it.
    My Email: [email protected]
    nmiles65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Thanks for your help. We found one in a junk yard. Only cost $40 and it fixed the problem. It was a nuisance to get pry out but glad we have dash lights now. For anyone else that experiences the same problems. CHECK SALVAGE YARDS FIRST!!
    HondaPrincess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 12:51 AM
    Let me start by saying 6th generation LX accords have a recall on the drivers side mutiplex unit. The lights for the gauge cluster is effected by a defective mutiplex unit. The lights for the radio and air controls I do not believe are affected by the drivers side mutiplex unit, at least mine are not.

What I do know is that my climate control lights were constantly burning out and I kept replacing them. The first time I replaced mine the smaller bulb on the climate control unit was burned out, honda gave me a bulb that fit but didn't look the same, the guy said it was the same 'it just looks different now'. Don't listen to those guys. For two years I was constantly burning out and replacing bulbs. Finally I decided to change all the bulbs. And of course this time that tiny bulb that looks different than the rest again didn't look like the first bulb they had given me, but I believed looked more like the original burned out bulb. I replaced all the bulbs for like 35 or 40 bucks 1 year ago and I haven't had a single bulb burn out since.

My driver side mutiplex unit needs to be replaced but I can't see spending 100 bucks on a new one and I won't buy a salvaged one because it may have the same issue.

Oct 13, 2008, 02:06 AM
    When u install multiplex don't have problem right?
    Can u link web side for me please? My car multiplex burn too.
    Thank
    moreCowBell4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Honda issued a Technical Service Bulletin for this issue. It is not a fuse. See Honda TSB 04-027. The repair is covered under extended warranty and is handled by a repair technician.
    bobn27613 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 05:35 AM

So the honda 2000 ex v6 is not included in the transportation safety bulletin and it should. I did file a complaint and hope others will.
    This is obviously a safety hazard and a manufacturing defect.

So my question is do you need to pull the wires from the front and back of the fuse panel to get to the multiplexor. It is a bear to get to.
    jolocca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ev3ng View Post
    It’s probably your multiplexer. My 02 accord had the same problem caused because i installed my radio incorrectly,which actually burned a component of the multiplexer out. I can tell you for certain what my problem was because i fixed it myself. if you tried checking the fuses and can't fix it, it's probably the multiplexer. The driverside multiplexer.
    Where is the multiplexer on the driver side? Picture?

Thanks

PS: I just trying to install different year hazard light/clock. And it messed up my gauge lighting.
    mossman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2010, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdholden3 View Post
    The dash lights went out on my 2000 accord LX 6 cyl coupe. I have no dashlights or radio lights. I checked all the fuses and this did not help. It is not the bulbs as the lights come on on the clock and radio when the headlights are off. Please help.
    Dude I got my radio put in the other day and now my dashboard light do not work at all. Everything else work but those light. But my illumination wire isn't hooped up to any thing.. what I can do to fix it... help
    mcqwik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2010, 11:57 AM

I have the same issue with my 98 Accord Coupe V6 EX. I thought it might be an issue with the ignition but now Im thinking of checking the multiplexer. Is tyhere anyway to test this unti to ensure that is the root cause of my odometer and clock lights not lighting up? Thanks!
    sfranklin0113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 07:30 AM
    Honda has a recall on the multiplex control unit. Call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 to see if your VIN # is part of the recall. Recall # is 04V256000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Radio Lights Go Off [ 5 Answers ]

For those who have had the same problem, the radio lights go out, what is the fix for this. The fuses are all OK. Thanks for your help.

2000 Honda Accord V6 Sedan headlight change [ 5 Answers ]

Need to change the Low Beam bulb. (Side by side with the High Beam bulb) I can see that the assembly requires a counter clockwise rotation, but the limited space (driver's side) prevents me from doing so. Advice would be appreciated.

92 Honda Accord Dies at stop lights [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I Have a 92 Honda Accord Automatic that is having problems. For the last couple weeks it seems to be idleing low when you are at a stop light or stop sign like in the 500 range. Well the other day at stop it died and about 20 minutes later it started again. Well 2 days after that it did the...

Civic 2000 no dash lights and won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem in that I get no ignition light in the dash or any other lights(Air-bag, ABS and the key symbol etc) that used to come on when the key is turned to ignition, but other ignition dependent things like radio central locking work. Checked all the fuses both under the hood and...

94 Honda Accord - Dashboard Lights [ 1 Answers ]

Even though my dashboard is lit up, the gauge needles including speedometer are not. You can't see how fast you are going or even the gas tank level. What causes this?

View more questions Search