Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    *~Charmed~* Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2006, 05:59 PM
    Gravimetric Stoichiometry
    What is the step by step to get the answer for the following question:

How many moles of Oxygen has will react with 16.2 g of iron?

If you could answer me that I would love it!!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jul 13, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Since this is a mass-mole stoichiometry problem I would advise the following steps:

1) Write out the chemical equation and balance it.

2) Determine what is needed and what is given. In this case moles of oxygen is needed and grams of iron is given.

3) Convert grams of iron to moles of iron

4) Multiply moles of iron by the molar ratio of the needed to the given from the balanced equation

5) Your answer will be the theoretical yield

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gravimetric stoichiometry [ 4 Answers ]

Powdered zinc metal reacts violently with S8 when heated. Predict the mass of sulfur required to react with 25g of zinc. Bauxite contains aluminum oxide, which is decomposed using electricity to produce aluminum metal. What mass of aluminum metal can be produced from 100g of aluminum oxide? ...

Gravimetric stoich questions [ 2 Answers ]

I've never done this before.. I hope it works... (Q)What is the exact formula of CuSO4-XH20? Show all the steps that you used to determine the value of X. Remember that X must be a positive interger. So it was this lab where we had an unknown substance... CuSO4-*X*H20.. and we had to find...

Gas and solution stoichiometry [ 2 Answers ]

I've been asked this question: What volume of carbon dioxide gas at 100kPa and 35C is produced by the complete reaction of 50mL of a 0.200 mol/L baking soda solution with excess hydrochloric acid? And this is what I've started with for solving it. NaHCO3 + HCl --> NaCl + CO2 + H2O CO2 v...

View more questions Search