Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richardr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Credit card debit
    Have a chase credit card I am unable to pay minimum and at this time they are not will to set a budget payment plan with me... my concern is that chase now has bought out or taken over the bank I have my checking with and I am concerned that my definency will be taken without my consent from my account because they are now one.
    Can they do that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by richardr View Post
    Have a chase credit card I am unable to pay minimum and at this time they are not will to set a budget payment plan with me....my concern is that chase now has bought out or taken over the bank I have my checking with and I am concerned that my definency will be taken without my consent from my account because they are now one.
    Can they do that?

Someone else posted this and the answer was yes. I'd move the checking account if you are attempting to shield it.

Of course, they'll eventually get a judgment against you and collect by other means but that is in the future.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 03:59 PM

Yes, and if they see you have a large amount in checking will wonder why they are not being paid more
    jsphotography Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 02:52 AM

Out of the blue after 3years, a credit collection agency has said I owe £700 on a credit card, which we made a full and final settlement of £2000, when we moved house 3 years ago, one I can't afford to pay this amount, but the credit agency would like to take me to court, also I can not afford a solicitors fee, what can I do to get out off this please
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jsphotography View Post
    Out of the blue after 3years, a credit collection agency has said I owe £700 on a credit card, which we made a full and final settlement of £2000, when we moved house 3 years ago, one I can't afford to pay this amount, but the credit agency would like to take me to court, also I can not afford a solicitors fee, what can I do to get out off this please

Tell the agency it's been settled, paid in full/final settlement. Ask for their mailing address and send them a copy of your papers.

Inability to pay is not a defense; having already paid it in full, in agreement with the creditor, is a defense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debit and cival court [ 4 Answers ]

A credit card company is taking me to cival court for 2000.00. Do I have to pay them? Can they do anything to me?

Summons for Credit Card Debit and Mediation [ 4 Answers ]

I recently received a letter from a mediation firm stating that I was being sued by Capital One for a little over $3000. I disregarded the letter but yesterday when I came home from work, I had a card from the sheriff's department in my door. I was not actually served with any papers and I did not...

A Lien placed on a Property for credit card debit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello A collection agency for an old credit card debt is trying to place a lien on a home that I am a co-signer for. The house belongs to my father ,but I was a co-signer so my father can get the mortgage and I do not live in the house and I do not pay any bills on the house. I am wondering if they...

Credit card debit [ 3 Answers ]

Can credit card companies place a lien on a home for debit owed to them?

Credit Card Debit & Death [ 1 Answers ]

My father passed away on March 26, 2007. He lived In The Philippines. All his mail & CC info was being sent to my house in Illinois. On the morning of his death, I,his son purchased a plane ticket to the Philippines using his credit card that was sent to my house. The CC company does/did not know...

View more questions Search