Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britaay011 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Friends?
    So long story short I dated a guy for 6 months. We went through a loooot. He was my first love. And we tried being friends but we fought. Then later after we finally were friends and it went well, we became really close again.. but just as friends. Problem is, I still had a lot of feelings for him. And he told me he did to. Buuut, he's dating this other girl and has been for about 5 months. But through out that time he will text me and says things like "theres always times i miss cuddling with you in your bed, and in mine, and goin to eachothers soccer games and our spots we used to stand in school and just a lot of stuff. and i still have all my gifts you got me for christmas and my birthday. and my parents still have a picture hanging up of us in my living room, because they liked you a lot." and/or hell say "i always think maybe someday well be together again, and i always compare things to you; i may or may not have feelings for you again :/ more towards the may side and i know im dumb im dating someone, but we went through a lot and i can't help but have something there." but thennn once I start to fall for him again, after trying to get over him numerous times, hell be like" oh well i really like chelsea (the girl hes with), and i care about her a lot".. blah blah blah. I just don't know what to do. I mean I care about him more then anything, like if something were to happen to him I would be so devastated. I'm just sick of getting hurt by his mind games. Like I believe that he probably does still like me because I was his first love too, but I just don't understand why he won't take me back if he says all this. Its frustrating and I DO NOT have the heart to forget about him, nor ignore him, and I'm just done getting hurt. I don't know what to do :( please please please helpp!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2008, 02:41 PM

First loves are special, and they will always be special. But most often first loves end, some times on good terms, many times on bad. One partner changes, grows or just moves on with live with someone else.

But the choice is yours, hurt for years, ruin your younger life waiting for someone that will never come back and end up a old lady with 100 cats.
    ( OK maybe not that bad) but you get the idea.

Or move on with your life, and remember the good points, but also know that often love does not last.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2008, 03:30 PM

As long as he is with somebody else there really isn't anything you can do. Most often the one that isn't seeing anybody usually IS seeing somebody else by the time they do break up so it is a no win situation for the two usually.
    De4rest Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Dec 19, 2008, 04:19 PM

He's taking you for granted. Don't go back to him, I know it is so harddddddddddddddd to move on but you should. He is playing games with you, he's trying to keep you close to him so when he needs you he will tell you he loves you etc... all those sweet stuff you want to hear and can fall for. Obviously he knows that you love him more than he loves you so he can control this around. Now, take control of yourself not to fall for his game. I also don't know why he won't take you back... but all I know is that you have to take control of your own life and what you want to do about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

EX wants to be friends [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I broke up with my ex the week before she left for college after 10 months even helped her move in, just fought too much and seemed like she was reluctant to change treating me like crap and being inconsiderate. Well I figure she's gonnna forget all about me once she starts meeting new...

Best friends dog [ 1 Answers ]

A few my months ago my best friend dog and my dog got put to sleep the same day, we are both talking about getting another dog, and I agreed with my my family not to get one till spring, but now my friend is getting one probabley, and it's all she talks about, I wish I could be happy for her but...

Holidays friends? [ 3 Answers ]

I got back off holiday at the wkend and while away me a my mate made some friends with some girls from down south.. I got there numbers 1 night and e-mail addresses,but since we got back haven't heard anything off them.they was such a good laugh and I really want to keep in touch with them. Shall...

MY friends think I'm diplomatic [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya! This is neha... and I'm 11 yrs old... Well... actually a few of my friends think that I'm diplomatic and I honestly don't know in what way... I tried asking one of them because she is always true to me and has been my best frineds since I was 9 yrs old... On asking her... she said that...

View more questions Search