Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ElaineC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2008, 02:01 PM
    I am making white wine.is matabisulfite and chitosan the same?
    I am making white wine and I am asked to add metabisulfite--but I do not have any is chitosan the same thing? I am new at this.:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 19, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Nope.
    Sodium Metabisulphite is used to cease fermentation to keep residual sweetness in the wine.
    It's also used as a preservative and cleanser.

More info here: Campden tablets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Wine making [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know if anyone has a recipe for making 5 gal of homeade wine using frozen concentrate> I would really appreciate it if you would give it to me and what is your favorite. Thank You

98 accord making clunking noise when making hard left turn [ 3 Answers ]

My 98 accord ia making a clunk, clunk, clunk sound when making hard left turns. It only does this with left turns a slow speed like making a u-turn. It actually seems to make the car bounce a little with each clunk. It is definitely not a clicking noise. I have just put a prelude h22 engine with...

Bumps, white discharge, redness, itchy, some white pus [ 6 Answers ]

This hasn't been the first time but this time its not going away and I'm young and I don't want to see a doctor. Its very itchy and the bumps are red and swollen and hurt sometimes. They also bleed and I have A LOT of discharge. Its very uncomfortable. What could it be? Do I have to see someone? Or...

View more questions Search